Sundown Audio

Shipped wrong amp will it still be good?

Moley

Im willing to bet if you read the fine print it says somewhere that they csn switch for a similar product when out of stock

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If the ad stated it has a warranty and has pics then that's what you get. Not another amp with no wRrenty . I would be pissed off if it was me. And I would demand a refund ASAP an I would never buy from them again.

So I hooked it up last night and I was not impressed at all! Supposedly same specs but I can say without a doubt it doesn't perform like the BRZ did. I had a friend have a listen for a second opinion and he agreed. It goes fairly loud but it just doesn't hit the lows very well. I tuned the amp with a multi meter same way I did the BRZ. So I'm sending it back and demanding my money back! Man I'm pissed. I thought it would be the same but definitely was not! Elite series suck ass imo.

Amps only output what you tell it. Id check your settings.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I tuned the same way with a multimeter as the BRZ. That aside the settings were pretty much in the same position visually according to memory. I even tried cranking it up to see and still no go. It just doesn't have the low end output that the other amp did. I've been in car audio for over 20 years. I don't claim to know everything but I do know what my ears tell me.

I've been researching like mad on this and what I've come up with is that the BRZ and BRE and the BRX and BE are the same internals (fundamentally). The thing is, is that the BRX and BE internals have been upgraded and are cleaner. So I've basically got the same as the BRZ2000.1D, just the elite BE version. What I've found is that a few people like me that have gone from the BRZ to the BRX (mostly warranty reasons and received new model) have noticed a difference. Difference being in sq. I did notice that the my new amp did sound cleaner. So maybe my ears are tricking me and I'm hearing a cleaner signal vs a bumpier noisier signal if that makes sense. That still doesn't make me feel better. Ok I think you guys have heard me gripe enough but just thought I would share what I have found on the BRZ compared to BRX.

who cares about your warranty? seriously? Even if your product would of been covered and it was not user error why the last amp failed, Im sure the company (either the reseller/retailer/maker of the product would of flipped it around somehow to make it your fault. Thats how it normally seems to go.

Where was your oh so great warranty when the previous hifonics crapped out on you?

Oh there was no warranty so you bought another... Gotchya, so if you get another 2 years out of it and it blows again then you got your monies worth since thats what happened last time and you bought another.

Its a cheap product, does okay, but the core components used inside the amplifiers have a rated life, usually in hours, when they are stressed the lifespan decreases.

Items built in china with inferior grade capacitors does not help much. Hell even Samsung had this problem with their TV/Computer screens (but they fixed their problems and went the ways of better parts and took care of their customers) Hifonics, not so much.

OCS is a joke in itself, but they are still popular, and thats because customers are after the cheapest of the cheap, only to jump on a forum someplace and rant about their customer service, or the product they bought. This thread is case and point. No one forced you to buy from them, that was all your own doing and the neglect of checking out the company where you wanted to spend your hard earned money, but again Im sure they where a bit cheaper priced and you thought you got a GREAT DEAL when you clicked submit on that order and about a week later look what you got yourself into!!!

Just stating the facts, though you may not like them, its being told as it is and how I see it

PS: As for the new model amp, its probably the same damn thing, changed a few minor things that dont affect performance, such as more led lighting, and some more chrome. That fits the maxxsonics new and approved motto for the last 5-8 years, back when they turned out a decent product and got ride of the XX line and changed to the new approved XXV line which became "better" amps, but made in china instead of korea.

Sorry again for what you had to deal with, but hopefully this opens your eyes on what and where you buy, because the cheapest price is not always the best.

Point taken and I appreciate the input. Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting but just a little upset and don't have many car audio buddies to talk to about this hence the forums and you're right it's not like I lost my car or anything. I'll leave the issue alone for now but will update on what transpires.

Totally understand where your coming from, but these same issues your having from OCS have happened before numerous times, yet people still want to spend their cash there.

So your screwed, and not much you can do.

Hifonics wont step in at all because im sure they are not a reseller of hifonics, and ocs buys it in bulk from a distributor for next to nothing, so the only thing hifonics could do is go after that distributor for whoring out the product meant for stores but gets sold online. But they wont because then they will take a nice hit in the product because they know online sales > brick and mortar sales.

Theres not too many companys left around now days that will pull product for selling online even tho their signed contract prohibits it. Digital Designs, Hertz, Audison are a couple. RE Audio use to be the same way and had a huge disclaimer on their site forewarning their customers not to buy online and why not to buy online, but it hurt sales, and they didnt enforce it, so its gone. It was a huge pop-up ad like thing when you went to their site so anyone and everyone going to the site would read it.

My main point is hopefully you learned something from it. not trying to be a dick in anyway, just trying to get the point across to you, and for anyone else that may see this. You can continue to voice your opinion if you want, im just trying to shine light on things you over looked for one reason or another.

There still are great resllers out there, sonicelectronix.com is one of them. They pay to advertise here, and still care about their customers, and are there when you have an issue. sure you may pay 20-30$ more then OCS but I bet you would of easilly paid that now after you went thru to have someone pick up a phone when you called, and be level headed with you about your purchuse. ;) Granted Im sure they didnt have the old style amp you where after since it was discontinued, but in the end either did OCS and you got something somewhat different even though value/performance is the same.

Also just to add, i ordered a bunch of fuse holders once from sonic electronix, think it was something like 15-20 fuse holders, I ordered them in gold apparently, but they only had 4 in stock. Color didnt matter to me (but SE didnt know that). Just some cheap fuse holders on sale so i grabbed them up for an upcoming build. Well they never shipped, and the next day I got a phone call since I didnt notice the email from them saying they where low stock, I was offered a refund or change my order for chrome fuse holders. They just didnt ship something out that I didnt order. So all in all my order was delayed a day in shipping out, but I knew what I was getting.

Archived