Second Skin Audio

Aero-Port box vs Slot Port box?

chad190

On 8/17/2013 at 10:32 PM, Hugh G. Rection said:

well, there is alot of stuff that goes into figuring a port. your port size is dictated by many many things. the shape of the port contributes in that it is directly relevant to the efficiency of the port. the actual depth of the enclosure contributes to it since the depth of the enclosure will also have to be considered since it affects the internal wavelength, and how that will relate to the tuning of the port. the amount of power to the sub will affect its mechanical power handling, so there be an appropriate amount of back pressure inside the enclosure to help keep the sub under control mechanically, and there must be an appropriate compromise between mechanical control and cycling enough air to keep the subs thermal power handling in check. also, the proximity of the driver to any internal panels of the vehicle and how that affects the amount of forward pressure on the sub, and therefore also the mechanical power handling.

there are a few more factors involved as well, and this is the reason why i dont really offer many enclosure suggestions online beyond fabrication techniques and such. i only design enclosures for vehicles that i have here with me. with access to vehicle, i can verify all of my information and design the enclosure properly and get optimal performance out of it.

i am old school in that i believe that if a project is worth doing, then its worth doing right. i just cant bring myself to spread bullshit information online or design half ass enclosures that are about as far away from optimal as something can be. any generalized rule of thumb you try to use is only enough information to be dangerous. joe x is a prime example of this.

What size/length aero port do I need for a skar sdr 15 d2 on 500 Watts rms in a 3.70 cube box.  Want it tuned around 30hz ish.. 

42 minutes ago, bo chambless said:

What size/length aero port do I need for a skar sdr 15 d2 on 500 Watts rms in a 3.70 cube box.  Want it tuned around 30hz ish.. 

Maybe try a thread that isnt almost a decade old mate. Hell, start your own thread/question under the proper header. IE - you have a ENCLOSURE question,,.. your already in the right area,..... start your question/issue there bro. 

Archived