LUV bass Posted August 18, 2013 Report Posted August 18, 2013 I need some help figuring out why I am getting a static noise through system. I just installed a new pioneer 80prs and new rca cables, running to a Rockford fosgate t400.4 amp. The noise is only present when the car is running, and is not rpm dependant. The noise remains when RCA's are unplugged from head unit, but it goes away when RCA's are unplugged from amp. I tried grounding the RCA's to the head unit chassis, as well as running a ground from the headunit directly to the back battery which the amp grounds off of. Any ideas? The only other thing I can think to try is running a different set of RCA's and see if that removes the noise. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks is advance 2008 Toyota Corolla -Skar VVX 12 D4 (2)-Skar SK1500.1-Pioneer DEH-80prs
rockFord_Expedition Posted August 18, 2013 Report Posted August 18, 2013 You could have the wrong type of rca's There is a thread about it floating around here somewhere. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
LUV bass Posted August 18, 2013 Author Report Posted August 18, 2013 I forgot about that! I'll look up Tony's thread on it and see if that's the case, thank you 2008 Toyota Corolla -Skar VVX 12 D4 (2)-Skar SK1500.1-Pioneer DEH-80prs
TaylorFade Posted August 18, 2013 Report Posted August 18, 2013 wait... wrong type of RCAs? Link me, please.
Casket Posted August 18, 2013 Report Posted August 18, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162518-truth-about-rca-cables-coax-vs-twisted-pair/ Kenwood KIV-701Crescendo BC2000DDC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''6ft^3 @ 27hzMBquart ONX 4.125(2) PWX 6.5 (2) PWX 8(2) FT1300amp Singer with VCM @14.5Optima YT & D1200My Build Log every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy. Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. meh, im cool with it, fuck it.
rockFord_Expedition Posted August 18, 2013 Report Posted August 18, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162518-truth-about-rca-cables-coax-vs-twisted-pair/ Thanks for finding the link, glad you knew what I was talking about Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.