Sonic Electronix

What do people mean by 4th order box ?

just for a reference once u master building 4th order try out a 6th order when I get my HO alt and another kinetic batt im gnna be building a 6th order for my single 18 obsidian frnt chamber will be 2.5 cubes ported @ 45htz and the rear chamber 4 cubes ported @ 31htz this is similar to a 4th order happy building bud

[media][/media]

not gnna lie these boxes are pretty easy to build I guess that's why I have moved to building 6th and 8th order boxes

Do you have any pics of the boxes you've done that may help the OP, or specific knowledge that he can use?

I can give some help sorry I didn't post but wish I could help post pics but I don't own a phn or camera. What type of sub u wanting to build a 4th for some subs wont work properly in a bandpass but cleansierra pretty much said what I would say its pretty simple it might take you a few tries building diff boxes to get it right but I will warn you about bandpass boxes be carful when turning up the deck to high volumes cus most the time you cant hear distortion in bandpass boxes AND you don't want that so that's why I recommend buying a DD1 but that is my opinion but bandpass is good SPL boxes if built right but I will tell you that their is no correct specs for these boxes its all trial and error

I call BS.

none of this shit I said really isn't BS dude so go on with ur bad self and put some one else down

I don't think anything you said is bs but if none of the things yoi said AREN'T bs then that would maje

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

none of this shit I said really isn't BS dude so go on with ur bad self and put some one else down

I don't think anything you said is bs but if none of the things yoi said AREN'T bs then that would make everything you said bs.... lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

just to expand on the topic of bandpass....

6th orders are a ported chamber tuned low inside a ported box tuned higher, 8th orders are basically a 6th order with a 3rd ported chamber, both of these are a lot more difficult to build/tune correctly compared to 4th orders

bandpass boxes are usually quite efficient for SPL if you have the space required to build one, if you can just picture for example 1 12" sub with factory spec'd sealed box and ported box attached to each other is a 4th order, that's the type of space we're talking about...

the number of subs used has nothing to do with it being a 4/6/8th order its all about the chambers 4th sealed/ported...6th ported/ported.... 8th ported/ported/ported

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

I don't think anything you said is bs but if none of the things yoi said AREN'T bs then that would make everything you said bs.... lol

I called BS because I think he was BS ing about building 6th and 8th order enclosures, having no phone/camera etc

Who knows, I could be wrong. wouldn't be the first or last time for that

I called BS because I think he was BS ing about building 6th and 8th order enclosures, having no phone/camera etc

Who knows, I could be wrong. wouldn't be the first or last time for that

yea I can see were you are coming from that's why id like to get a cam to post pics I understand if you don't think I can build these types of boxes cus I have no cam but I can really build these boxes id like to get a cam so I can post pics of my new system that im going to install in the cavalier

[media][/media]

Archived