Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA-12: less powerful than I tought?


Golitan11

Recommended Posts

Posted

you might be clipping usually the gain should be at 1/4 way

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Posted

LOL at 1/4 I get nothing AT ALL (it is even not moving 1 mm). Anyway I heard that on Hifonics amplifiers you have to turn up the gain way more than on other amplifiers to get the same result (I am talking without clipping of course). Maybe I clip a bit but I did not smell anything and it just barely get warm (a bit). So I think I am good (not all day but I mean I can probably run this without any problem a few seconds you know). Any objection?

Posted

you might be right I look on youtube and every body just about got them all the way so you might be good

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Posted

Gain should be set properly with an oscilloscope or a DD1. You have no idea if you're clipped or not. Your ears can't hear clipping, a device like a DD1 or O-scope can.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

your right on the smell part but when you clip bad it keeps the sub from moving as good that what causes to heat then smell a square wave is like a pause moment but it still getting power causing to heat up

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Posted

Ha, I just realized EVERYONE besides the OP and that Justin guy has vanished. I wonder why that is.......

I'm the last to do a disappearing act

**Poof**

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1854 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...