Sonic Electronix

High-pitch Wine when step on gas peddle problem please help

can u be more specific about the system you have.. what amps, speakers .. pictures of wiring and distribution blocks would help.. 5 amps and I assume no extra batts is not a good idea..

Sure It is quite complex so Ill try soon..

in the mean time I have one yellow top optima batt thats 6 months old and a 5 farad cap.

then I have about 4000rms total power

but again how do I troubleshoot this NEW problem. for 6 months I havent had this wine noise and it just started a day or two ago.

this is an issue of ground potential. reground the amps and ground out the rca shields to the case of the deck.

"rca shields to the case of the deck" What are the rca shields and where is the ground on the case of the deck? A pic on this would be awesome but not needed.

and the pico fuse blows if youve ever connected/disconnected any rcas with the deck and system on. signal or no signal it sends a spike down the line and boom. like the popping sound it makes if you have your deck on aux already and go to plug a phone/ipod in

Where is the fuse? is it the only one on the back or can there be more than more than one on the back of the deck?

Ok I was wrong this is very important too:

The high pitch wine noise doesn't happen when I put the system on in accessory mode. It only happens when the car and system are both on.

It also gets louder when I drive the car.

Hey you could have a bad RCA. Could be bad ground. On your jeep is there a cooling fan or electric motor? If there is a stud in front of alternator if so run 0 wire to battery from engine. No need to ground alternator if you do this. Check RCA'S

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

The high pitch wine noise doesn't happen when I put the system on in accessory mode. It only happens when the car and system are both on.

That's how engine noise works but. If I was you I would google how to ground our rca's to he deck, do that and see what happens. I would also ground your alternator case to the frame just because it is good to do.

I did ground the alt to the frame and I do have a power bolt on the alt thats going to the battery if thats what you mean. Now since the RCA's in the back of the desk (that never move) were working fine for 6 months do you think it could be something else?

Archived