Fuses.

Working out the finer details of my system (will probably be starting in Jan/Feb woowoo).

I had someone ask me about where/what fuses I would be using in my system, never really got a response back. This was the recommended Alt from Singer, 275A-310A peak bench test-/180+A idle a 300A fuse from alt to front battery would be sufficient correct? Other than fusing little things that dont already have a fuse, like volt meter for example. What is there to fuse? Everything already has its own fuses...

Confused,

Josiah.

~Meh

~Meh~

300A fuse from Alt to front battery will be fine.

Lol, and "confused" Like the pun.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Alot of people will say you don't need a fuse from the alt to the battery, which in most cases it's a short enough run that you might be fine, but you will not hurt anything if you put a fuse on there. Technically you should put two fuses on the charge lead...one close to the alt and one close to the battery.

Alot of people will say you don't need a fuse from the alt to the battery, which in most cases it's a short enough run that you might be fine, but you will not hurt anything if you put a fuse on there. Technically you should put two fuses on the charge lead...one close to the alt and one close to the battery.

For the $20 its worth it... It might not stop all problems that might occur but i'm pretty sure I can make it another day without Andrew Jackson smelling my leather.

Never heard of people using two fuses on the charge lead.

No one has really come up to this thread and said I need any other fuses so whatever that guy was asking :shrug: ... lol.

~Meh~

Archived