So guys I haven't updated this in a while. I got the Crescendo's and amp in. To be honest, not very impressed with them. Build quality is some what poor. They sound great, good mid-bass, just over powerful on the tweeter. Luckily I could tune them down on my headunit, didn't wanna pull the doors apart again. Once I EQ'd them out though, they're somewhat lacking in volume IMO for 200 watts RMS per side. I'm thinking of switching to the Crescendo PWX's and supertweets. I've had great results with the mids before and tons of people seem to love the tweets. I think I'd enjoy a more pro-audio type setup for my goals. Overall, I'd give the mezzos a 7/10, good sound once eq'd, just lacking in build quality.

Updates to come:

1. switch RCA's to monoprice good results before

2. going to be adding a Keystone plate for my USB, headphone jack, RCA's for aux. You guys should like how i do that

3. Hardwire GPS

4. Probably change to crescendo mids and supertweets

5. Add in 8's to kicks

6. Buy second amp

• 1 month later...

So I got new ideas as far as front stage. I'm thinking of running three of these all active.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24411_Precision-Power-PPI-PC650.2.html

1 for the 2 8's at 2ohm

1 for the PWX mids at 4ohm

1 for the Super tweets at 8ohm

I'm also going to have to glass the sail panels in order to get the super tweets in, plus I think they'll sound better that way

So I got new ideas as far as front stage. I'm thinking of running three of these all active.

1 for the 2 8's at 2ohm

I'm also going to have to glass the sail panels in order to get the super tweets in, plus I think they'll sound better that way

I like your idea. I haven't much about PPI's sound quality in years. I say do it. where are you planning on mounting them?

Realllllllllllllly clean build. Can't wait for it to get "finished".

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

1 for the 2 8's at 2ohm

I like your idea. I haven't much about PPI's sound quality in years. I say do it. where are you planning on mounting them?

That's their highest level amp line so I figured I'd give them a shot. I'd like a zed audio leviathan but out of my price range. I plan on mounting them behind the driver seat where the sub amps are currently. I'm gonna make a better amp rack, just some mdf with all thread so I can stack the amps. I already have a fan on that area mounted to the factory sub grill. I'm about to pick up a crescendo bc2000. I'm gonna test and see what's louder, the single crescendo or the 2 hifonics 1600's at 0.5ohm like they are now. Either way, that sub amps will be moved to the back of the sub box and I'll make a trim piece for them, where the mid/high amp is currently mounted.

Realllllllllllllly clean build. Can't wait for it to get "finished".

Thanks man. I cant wait either. I'm really excited to finally do an active crossover system, and try my hand at fiber glassing. I'm gonna have some help on that though.

There is not a lot of room in the stock sub location. Did you see how I squeesed 2 RF amps in mine

Looks good man! That front stage is going to be very nice once you get it all finished. What kind of EQ were you thinking of using?

Thanks! I sure think it will. I planned on using just the headunit. I may add a DSP later though if needed but the Pioneer has a nice EQ on it. I've been looking at the Precision Power DSP-88R

http://precisionpower.com/store/products/accessories/signal-processors/deq-8-127.html

Instead of 8's in the kicks, the new Sundown X6.5's are on pre-order now. I gonna be getting a set for some serious midbass. http://www.emfcaraudio.com/sundown-audio-x6-5sw/

Archived