full range 6x9s in front doors and 8" subs in rear doors for mids?

dionysus

explain the bp thing for everybody

What do you mean BP brother?

Bandpass is a low and high cutoff. So take the Peerless for instance. I would want to bandpass them between 60-500 hz. That means they will play this range and the freq. response will roll off on either side. The speed it rolls off depends on the slope of the crossover on each end. (6,12, 24) That means for every octave the output will drop 6db, 12 db, or 24db. You can do combinations too which can get complicated and it depends on the drivers frequency response, enclosure size, freq. overlap between drivers, T/S parameters, etc. Like I said it is complicated. lol

A HU like the pioneer of the ppi amps will bandpass speakers and have a 12db rolloff on either end and that is fine.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Thank you all for the wisdom I really appreciate it! And on the doors yrs first step before I install is second skin galore! Door panels, pillars, head liner everywhere cause I love clean sound! I just took off my front door panels and the holes from stock speakers are only 6x8s I thought they were 6x9 so should I go 6x8s or some mean 6.5s in the front doors?

If you could make a baffle out of 3/4" mdf you might be able to do a 6x9. I would look at a few builds on here similar to your vehicle to get ideas.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Bandpass is a low and high cutoff. So take the Peerless for instance. I would want to bandpass them between 60-500 hz. That means they will play this range and the freq. response will roll off on either side. The speed it rolls off depends on the slope of the crossover on each end. (6,12, 24) That means for every octave the output will drop 6db, 12 db, or 24db. You can do combinations too which can get complicated and it depends on the drivers frequency response, enclosure size, freq. overlap between drivers, T/S parameters, etc. Like I said it is complicated. lol

A HU like the pioneer of the ppi amps will bandpass speakers and have a 12db rolloff on either end and that is fine.

Oh bandpass I thought you were meaning like the "big picture" of the build lol, but yeah it can get complicated, that's why I'm so greatful for all of your Guy's help! I've never ran a miss/high setup like this I've ran a amp on subs and a separate one on all the mids n highs but alot simpler and basic than this one

Thank you all for the wisdom I really appreciate it! And on the doors yrs first step before I install is second skin galore! Door panels, pillars, head liner everywhere cause I love clean sound! I just took off my front door panels and the holes from stock speakers are only 6x8s I thought they were 6x9 so should I go 6x8s or some mean 6.5s in the front doors?

If you could make a baffle out of 3/4" mdf you might be able to do a 6x9. I would look at a few builds on here similar to your vehicle to get ideas.

Oh damn great idea! I don't know why that wasn't my first thought lol!

sorry for the double post so that ppi amp you linked would be for the tweeters.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

sorry for the double post so that ppi amp you linked would be for the tweeters.

No worries brother. And that ppi amp was recommended to me for the mids and highs, I don't have any actual tweeters in the works yet, I'm going to fiberglass tweeter pods on my A,B and C pillars a wee bit later on so just the front and back door speakers are all I'm doing now so if I went the ppi route I'd need one for the front doors and one for the back doors that's if I didn't go with the head unit with active crossover if I'm following right

Ok so I took apart my door panels and gonna make the baffle to fit the 6x9s inthe front doors and I measured the depth I have for mounting the 8s and I need shallow mouts even with a baffle that I will do I found these, worth it?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_65006_Audiobahn-AMW80H.html?creative=19507054688&device=m&network=g&matchtype=e&gclid=CLTfqNjbnLkCFdBaMgodwBMAiA

Archived