full range 6x9s in front doors and 8" subs in rear doors for mids?

dionysus

I'm working on getting my new system planned out in my 2002 Eddie Bauer 4door explorer. For highs I was thinking full range 6x9s in the front doors or some p165s 6.5s maybe 2 p165s in each front door if I have space to build mounts in the doors. And for the rear doors I was thinking a 8" shallow mount sub for mids. Any opinions/help are greatly appreciated. Thanks

If I were to do it I would grab a pair of Image Dynamics or JBL 6x9's and use a a pair of peerless sls 8" in the rear doors. I would cross the 8" in the rear doors under 500 hz and make sure it is deadened really well. Here are a couple links to the speakers I mentioned.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i30_6-x-9-speakers.html?category_id=30&sort_order=price_desc

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-1102

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Sweet thank you for the great ideas, what would be the best to cross the 8s to 500hz with

Sorry if this is a stupid question but so I would need a separate amp to power the 6x9s then so I can run the 8s at 500 Hz?

If you got amps like the ppi you would need two. If you got an HU with active x-overs like the pioneer 80prs you could use a 4 channel amp and run two pair of rca's back to the amp.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Most important thing you want to do is to deaden and treat the doors with some closed cell foam for maximum benefit from the door speakers, once you prep the doors you can get by with some good 6.5" components crossed over above 60hz so as not to damage them from low frequencies.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

the Mb quart onxy 4.60 i have does active if i'm not mistaken

It is but they are not bandpass capable. I have two running my frontstage now..

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Thank you all for the wisdom I really appreciate it! And on the doors yrs first step before I install is second skin galore! Door panels, pillars, head liner everywhere cause I love clean sound! I just took off my front door panels and the holes from stock speakers are only 6x8s I thought they were 6x9 so should I go 6x8s or some mean 6.5s in the front doors?

Archived