CleanSierra Posted August 26, 2013 Report Posted August 26, 2013 He's running 2 ohms, I doubt he's overpowering the things. Unless you're worried about him grossly UNDER powering the subs. I wouldn't be too concerned unless he is indeed underpowering by quite a bit. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
thethriller Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 Not 100% on topic, but I think you are on your way with your box design. I realize you're using 4th gen Type-R's which called for slightly different box parameters than my 5th gen SWR-12D2's. Overall your dimensions are pretty similar to mine here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172760-enclosure-design-advice/ Note I feel like I would rather have tuned slightly higher but I am very satisfied. My Torres Calculator design:
Wizzy Posted August 27, 2013 Author Report Posted August 27, 2013 Amplifier is a Ground Zero GZHA1.1800XII 1150 w @ 2 ohm.
Joe X Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 Amplifier is a Ground Zero GZHA1.1800XII 1150 w @ 2 ohm. You can go to 4 cubic feet if you want to get a little louder for free, stay at 3.6 if you want a little flatter response, in any case for the type of music 32-33Hz is about right. The fun part is that the new and old versions of Torres will calculate different net vol and tuning for the same entered data so believe the one you like most
Joe X Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 @thethriller - they are quite different subs, your subs handle much more power and need a smaller box, between previous generations differences were very subtle.
Wizzy Posted August 27, 2013 Author Report Posted August 27, 2013 well then witch is the most accurate version of torres? ive made 2 or 3 boxes for some of my friends with this ver of torres and they sound very good... Tomorrow i will finish the box and will see how it is.
thethriller Posted August 27, 2013 Report Posted August 27, 2013 @thethriller - they are quite different subs, your subs handle much more power and need a smaller box, between previous generations differences were very subtle. Yeah I said not 100% on topic I wasn't trying to mislead OP, your box is larger than the one I built, and that is precisely right for the 4th gen Type-R's. All I meant was that it appears (Wizzy) your Torres calculations look to be in the ballpark.
Joe X Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 well then witch is the most accurate version of torres? ive made 2 or 3 boxes for some of my friends with this ver of torres and they sound very good... Tomorrow i will finish the box and will see how it is. If the version you use gives the results you want then it's all good
Wizzy Posted August 28, 2013 Author Report Posted August 28, 2013 Ive built the enclosure and now i have some problems... the woofers get hot very fast... and i dont know why. It sounds way better than the other one but this is the problem... they get hot and starts to smell after 2 mins of playing. settings are good i dont have distortions, ive set the subsonic somewhere between 25-30 hz, no bass boost etc. what can be the problem?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.