Harness for cadillac escalde 2008

Beanz

Anyone know what pac harness I would need for a Cadillac escalade 2008?i keep finding like a bunch of different harnesses but don't know which one to get

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I'm not sure if you have the factory steering wheel controls or not but if you do you may need the RP5-GM31 to retain them. If you don't then the one you posted should work as the RP5-GM31 combines the os4 with the steering wheel controls.

pgsig.png

How much more is that?

It does have navigation but I don't have the disc for it.. No its the ext with mostly all the bells and whistles Ln it

If you want to keep your onstar, siriusXM sat radio,factory amp, backup camera, rear seat video then this is your modules. Steering wheel controls sold separately.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMOSL12/Axxess-GMOS-LAN-012-GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486

IF it was me, id get the axxess and also get this module for the steering wheel controls, since it does not come with that.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120ASWC1/Axxess-ASWC-1.html

If your not so much wanting to keep sat radio, or backup camera then this guy is 20$ cheaper, but comes with steering wheel controls

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541RP4GM31/PAC-RP4-GM31-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486

If you want to keep your backup camera working I believe you need this guy since the only the axxess module comes with that option.

Tho you could easily chop the stock plug and wire a rca connector on it, but why chop a new vehicles harness is how i look at it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120BKUPCAM/Metra-BackupCam-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486

Also iirc the Axxess steering wheel control modules are auto programed, where you dont have to go thru and manually set each butting like the PAC modules.

I was looking at those axxes.. Are they better or worse than the Pac?

Really they are the same thing for the most part, 2 companies with 2 ways going about solving the same issue. Nothing really bad with either or.

Axxess has been around for a while, its a Metra product and used in just about every install bay (dash kits, basic wiring harness, etc).

I myself like the autoprogram of their steering wheel controls, where as the pac you have to program each button one by one, which is tedious, as said before.

A lot of times each harness by each company has different options in what the product retains, some of the missing options can be purchased separately tho too. So you can price out the total deal that way if you get the one harness add the steering wheel controls and add that total up, or you buy the cheaper harness, add the rear view cam plug which is cheaper priced then the steering controls, but you lose sat radio.

So it comes down to what YOUR wanting to keep working. So you cant really go wrong if its keeping everything you want it too.

If it was me, and my vehicle, I love sat radio so that would be my clear choice, especially if you have it free for a year from when you bought the vehicle, or if you have some crazy lifetime package you bought, or if its just there and working and your not paying for it. Might as well keep it, especially if you can keep it working with the aftermarket radio, and you dont have to buy a new sat radio brain box, change your subscription, and all that hassle.

Archived