GM959808 Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 I'm looking to build a center console box for my truck. My plan was for a ported box, around 2.25ft^3 net, tuned to 34hz, loaded with 2 Sundown SA10s. Anyone have any advice or suggestions for a box like this?
GM959808 Posted August 29, 2013 Author Report Posted August 29, 2013 Can anyone offer any advice or help?? I thought it would be at least an interesting box (not seen that often??)
TexasRam Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 I did the same in my 2010 Ram, removed center console completely and built a vinyl wrapped box curved at front top and port out the back. Sits on feet about 4 inches of floor with 2 12'' pioneer champion series downfired in 3 cubes, wayyyy better than anything i could have gotten under my rear seat. Only running 300 continuous to the box and its loud! 2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000
GM959808 Posted August 30, 2013 Author Report Posted August 30, 2013 I did the same in my 2010 Ram, removed center console completely and built a vinyl wrapped box curved at front top and port out the back. Sits on feet about 4 inches of floor with 2 12'' pioneer champion series downfired in 3 cubes, wayyyy better than anything i could have gotten under my rear seat. Only running 300 continuous to the box and its loud! That sounds almost exactly like what I was wanting to do.Curved at front top and port out the back with the subs firing down. I don't think I will have enough room for 12s, but 10s in about 2.25 cubes should work well I would think. Maybe I should go smaller? I also wasn't sure how it would sound with the subs firing down and port back. Wasn't originally planning on it being 4" off the floor, was thinking 2", but maybe I should raise it higher. I don't have very much room at all under my backseat so I thought this would be the best way to get the volume I needed. Thanks for the feedback.
n8ball2013 Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 Youll only have 10.5 to.11 inches between seats if they are buckets THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
White Lightning Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 I had a thought of running 4 8s (downfiring / port forward) in mine ... or a truck similar Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
GM959808 Posted August 30, 2013 Author Report Posted August 30, 2013 Youll only have 10.5 to.11 inches between seats if they are buckets They are buckets. I think if I taper it from 11" at the bottom to 10" at the top it should give plenty of clearance. I want it to run from under the dash, back to up against the back seat. I thought about 8s, but not sure if I can get the full range of sound that I want.
TexasRam Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 10's will be just fine, dont bother with 8's since u have the rooms for 10's, and also 5 inches would be optimal clearance between subs and floor, a good rule of thumb is atleast the radius of the cone for space in front of the sub, but since your bent on downfiring them, 2 inches isnt going to kill ur music. 2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000
GM959808 Posted August 30, 2013 Author Report Posted August 30, 2013 I will try to go 3 or 4 inches off the floor. I'm not bent on downfiring them, just don't know how else to do it?
TexasRam Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 I will try to go 3 or 4 inches off the floor. I'm not bent on downfiring them, just don't know how else to do it? well theres firing them up, but you're probably like me and u dont want them seen lol 2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.