Starting new build today Z87

Traded my old rig, and couldn't take not having a high power machine at my fingertips.

Case - CoolerMaster HAF XB Lan Box

Power - Corsair CX750M

Motherboard - Asus Z87 Pro

Hard Drives - 2 x Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128gb going in raid 0; 1 OCZ Vertex 4 SSD for pagefile / photoshop work file

Optical drive - Lite-on 12x blue ray burner

Memory - Crucial Ballistix 16gb ddr3 kit (will add 1 more 16gb kit later)

Processor - will pick up tomorrow, probably a i7-4770k.

Video - not sure yet, I won't have the extra funds for this until next payday. I'll run it off the motherboard GPU until I decide.

mb installed

2013-08-28153034_zpsc2ccdd94.jpg

ps and mb installed

2013-08-28153042_zps2e0814fa.jpg

blueray installed

2013-08-28153107_zps9cfec041.jpg

More to come tomorrow or friday. So far I love this case. 2 3.5in hot swap bays up front, ps and hard drives on lower level below mb, easy access to mb, pleanty of cooling options.

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

i could really see the benefit of cases like this, as long as you can put some decent fans on top heat shouldn't be a issue

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Pro tip: It's always best to set up a test build outside of the case to make sure everything is working and running properly before installing it inside the case. Generally use the mobo box as a makeshift test bench and build the whole rig (drives, CPU cooler, the whole thing) and boot into the BIOS and make sure all the devices are detected. It saves you the effort of having to disassemble the whole thing later if you find a piece has arrived DOA.

Though in a case like that I imagine it's pretty darn easy to take out the mobo or PSU if something is defective. Looks like it's going to be a solid gaming rig once it's all done.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived