Purplehaze Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 I recently wound up with a used SRX 15 that I built a factory spec ported box for and used in my truck while I played with some other speakers and boxes. For a 400 watt speaker with 1000 watts hitting it daily, it held up remarkably well and didn't make the first unpleasant sound all the way up to the time when the coil melted in two. It was a clean burn, too. I couldn't see any burn marks on the former or anything... In my opinion, that speaker could have handled 500 watts for a long, long time with no troubles whatever. It sounded really good also. Would this be one of the motors I got? Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
bbeljefe Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 I recently wound up with a used SRX 15 that I built a factory spec ported box for and used in my truck while I played with some other speakers and boxes. For a 400 watt speaker with 1000 watts hitting it daily, it held up remarkably well and didn't make the first unpleasant sound all the way up to the time when the coil melted in two. It was a clean burn, too. I couldn't see any burn marks on the former or anything... In my opinion, that speaker could have handled 500 watts for a long, long time with no troubles whatever. It sounded really good also. Would this be one of the motors I got? Yup. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
tribe523 Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 id go with fi. re hasnt gone anywhwere in several years. the person who designed their subwoofers left for fi
Purplehaze Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 I recently wound up with a used SRX 15 that I built a factory spec ported box for and used in my truck while I played with some other speakers and boxes. For a 400 watt speaker with 1000 watts hitting it daily, it held up remarkably well and didn't make the first unpleasant sound all the way up to the time when the coil melted in two. It was a clean burn, too. I couldn't see any burn marks on the former or anything... In my opinion, that speaker could have handled 500 watts for a long, long time with no troubles whatever. It sounded really good also. Would this be one of the motors I got? Yup. Sweet! Well, I can say for sure that there will be at least two good RE woofers here soon. 2 - SRX 15 motors, re-built into 10's, with much better coils (d2 ohm, 4 layer alum), spiders (Nomex), cones (cf), surrounds (high roll), and leads (dual .1055) than it ever had originally. If anyone is interested, let me know now, and you can choose the color scheme, etc. before they are built... Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
bbeljefe Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 I recently wound up with a used SRX 15 that I built a factory spec ported box for and used in my truck while I played with some other speakers and boxes. For a 400 watt speaker with 1000 watts hitting it daily, it held up remarkably well and didn't make the first unpleasant sound all the way up to the time when the coil melted in two. It was a clean burn, too. I couldn't see any burn marks on the former or anything... In my opinion, that speaker could have handled 500 watts for a long, long time with no troubles whatever. It sounded really good also. Would this be one of the motors I got? Yup. Sweet! Well, I can say for sure that there will be at least two good RE woofers here soon. 2 - SRX 15 motors, re-built into 10's, with much better coils (d2 ohm, 4 layer alum), spiders (Nomex), cones (cf), surrounds (high roll), and leads (dual .1055) than it ever had originally. If anyone is interested, let me know now, and you can choose the color scheme, etc. before they are built... For realz. I was impressed with the motors for the price range of the subs. The poly dustcap/cone BS I could do without but on balance, I think they're a good sub for the money. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
truthsayer Posted August 30, 2013 Author Report Posted August 30, 2013 in reply to skittles. I believe if you talk to scott, RE was sold out due to an offer they couldn't refuse from us amps. And this gave scott the opertunity to go out on his own and start up Fi. Either way doesn't really matter much. Main object was to see if anyone was running any of their new line (2013) they appear strong like the fi, and impressed with their voice coils. And for about $100 less than fi, the product looks solid. Being 47 yrs old now and music has always been my passion. Ive tried just about every good brand of subwoofer. That being said one of my boys runs 2 fi 15's. And since I never tried RE was just hopeing to get some user feedback. Thans for all and future responses. After all without these forums there would be so money upset buyers getting crappy products. just some background info for the OP: The designer of RE, Scott, got fed up with the company and left to make his own. The company went overseas. Their main sales rep got fed up with the company and left. So very bad signs over the past few years. Hence the skepticism. But again, I'd be excited if they came back to being a quality brand. truthsayer
skittlesRgood Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 in reply to skittles. I believe if you talk to scott, RE was sold out due to an offer they couldn't refuse from us amps. And this gave scott the opertunity to go out on his own and start up Fi. Either way doesn't really matter much. Main object was to see if anyone was running any of their new line (2013) they appear strong like the fi, and impressed with their voice coils. And for about $100 less than fi, the product looks solid. Being 47 yrs old now and music has always been my passion. Ive tried just about every good brand of subwoofer. That being said one of my boys runs 2 fi 15's. And since I never tried RE was just hopeing to get some user feedback. Thans for all and future responses. After all without these forums there would be so money upset buyers getting crappy products. just some background info for the OP: The designer of RE, Scott, got fed up with the company and left to make his own. The company went overseas. Their main sales rep got fed up with the company and left. So very bad signs over the past few years. Hence the skepticism. But again, I'd be excited if they came back to being a quality brand. Thats the short story that I got from a team mate that talked to Scott. I thought the sale came after Scott left but maybe it's why he left. It has been years since it all happened and I heard the story lol If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
truthsayer Posted August 30, 2013 Author Report Posted August 30, 2013 I hear ya skittles, but im sure he left with the sell. Doesn't really matter lol. Since the price of the re sx pro is so reasonable, I may just try one out. If I don't like them much I will just give them to one of my girls.( they aint to picky when it comes to subs). But then I can give a good review to others out there who may be pondering the decision. truthsayer
skittlesRgood Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 yeah, that would be cool. like I said, take pics of the glue joints, leads, and coil. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
CarbonWarrior Posted September 19, 2013 Report Posted September 19, 2013 I just ordered 4 RE Pro RT's. Yeah... they're just 8's, but... I've always been a guy who loves the sound of some good 8's in a well-built enclosure. I'll make sure I take lots of good detailed pix before installing them, and then I'll make sure we get some good pix and vids of how they sound. I'd ultimately like to get them mic'd, especially since I'll be keeping them sealed. Going out on a limb and placing trust in a company I've never tried... will let you know how it all goes.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.