Weird low voltage. Only 1000w RMS system! Help?

Alright guys. So this is the first start to my new system build. In this video it's no where NEAR finished. Just a little preview. Anyways, I'm running a Soundstream DTR1.900D @ 1ohm on a dB Drive Okur K5 D2. Slams great, but when my car is on and warmed idleing (500-700rpm), my voltage is pretty low. 12.2-12.4. But as soon as i give it a tiny gas bring up the RPM's to around 1000, the voltage instatnly jumps to 13.3-14. I have no idea. Is my alternator bad? do i have a weird short somewhere? Just replaced the battery.

http://youtu.be/NkSJ-FtoLRk

Build in progress:

-Pioneer Premiere DEH-P49OIB

_Kenwood Excelon KFCX173 6.75"

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-Obsidian Audio v2 12" D2 @1ohm

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

I would definitely recommend checking all power cables for loose connections or shorts. Next place I would go is the alternator, with the belt of does it spin freely or does it grind/stiff movement? Upgrading all your cables will reduce resistance. Check your ground strap from the engine block to the frame, if it's loose, breaking or corroded.the alternator can't make a ground to the battery as well since it's mounted on the block and not the frame.

I'm getting my new multimeter tomorrow. Going to check all power cables to see for shorts, as well as see if at low idle my alternator is power up. Is it safe to do a direct run of 4gauge from the Alt to Battery? Ive heard sometimes its bad for cars because some alternator voltages arent regulated fully.

Build in progress:

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

Well it could be a few things. But is it causing an issue some how? Your car is running at idle and not requiring a boost from alt. so you sit at battery power. If you turn up your system, and you go below 12 volts. Does the power raise? or motor idle higher? When you tap the gas the CPU says to kick on the alt to handle the increased draw of power. If its a new issue. The replace alt. and/or add a second battery. Do some more trouble shooting. Or maybe it's not an issue

I don't find it that weird, seems about right for that alternator and that battery.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Am I misunderstanding...is this under load or with nothing at all?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Nothing at all. And with a load it will dip down to 11.9-12.

Build in progress:

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

By the way your old thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174264-soundstream-dtr1900d/.

Your alt is only a 70 amp alt, normaly a alt have a overhead from arround 10-20 % so you have 14 amps of current max for your caraudio.

That´s to less for a amp that can draw 90 amp´s, in reality on music 40-50 amp´s but still to much, so you take your juice out of the batt.

Next is your alt looking old, maby it does not work to his full potential anymore.

If you put a better batt in your car, you still will have the same problem. You take more current out than in, that mean´s that you will have your batt

every vew day´s on the charger.

The only way to get your voltage up is a bigger/newer alt. If you can´t afford a H/O alt, maby it would be possible to place another stronger alt than 70 amp´s.

Find out if you can place a higher amp´s series alt in this car. I saw a guy here who get 4 144 amp series alt´s from the junkyard for under 100 $ (all) and build himself

a quadaltbracket and it worked.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I'm looking into Alternators right now. If anyone could help me find a reasonably priced one thatd be great!

Build in progress:

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

Archived