Weird low voltage. Only 1000w RMS system! Help?

^^^^

And if money for a good alternator is unavailable (always shop around, not just one company) then upgrade for good batteries designed for car audio use. Or get a smaller amp, I remember being perfectly happy on about 400 watts on two 12" RF Punches.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I'm not making it complicated? I'm simply saying there are a lot of people that say to match battery specs to prevent any issues. If you don't like what I'm saying ignore it, and don't be a troll, it's simple.

Alright well so my battery is a pretty basic Bi-Mart OEM. "Its a group 35, "Premium HD" cant find many specs. But I'd guess around 650-700cca is what they claim to be rated for. Not sure what they actually are. But any recomendations for a good second batt to buy? I was thinking anything to big. I oringally wanted the Kinetik HC600. Tiny little cutie.

Build in progress:

-Pioneer Premiere DEH-P49OIB

_Kenwood Excelon KFCX173 6.75"

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-Obsidian Audio v2 12" D2 @1ohm

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

for a battery I would recommend either gel cell or dry cell, in my opinion Odyssey is a really great battery, they have good AGM batteries that handle 80% discharge for over 300 cycles. Decent price for what they cost. I have a PC925A that I got from work for about $120 (employee discount) 28Ah and it is very small only about 26 pounds and roughly half the size of a starter battery (this model only has 330CCA). Some of their higher end ones have more and they have many lines anything from the Extreme Series would be a great choice. I'll do some searching on your battery see if I can find anything

I have an exide orbital 34xcd for my main bat, and just recently aquired a kinetik hc800 I'm thinking of throwing in as a second until I can get a better alt. my stock alt is 160a, so I think I should be in good shape. @panda, batteries plus in Springfield?

for a battery I would recommend either gel cell or dry cell, in my opinion Odyssey is a really great battery, they have good AGM batteries that handle 80% discharge for over 300 cycles. Decent price for what they cost. I have a PC925A that I got from work for about $120 (employee discount) 28Ah and it is very small only about 26 pounds and roughly half the size of a starter battery (this model only has 330CCA). Some of their higher end ones have more and they have many lines anything from the Extreme Series would be a great choice. I'll do some searching on your battery see if I can find anything

Would really appreciate it! Anybody have recomendations as to keeping my 4gauge wiring or upgrading to zero? I have a Soundstream DTR1.900D That is doing 900rms @ 1ohm. Just bought a clamp meter so ill test it soon. But its fused for 80amps. And its max input gauge is 4. What should I do?

Build in progress:

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

Nope the Batteries Plus in Peoria.

Sky High Car Audio on eBay offers 1/0 for $3/Ft OFC so it is a great deal if you put for spare battery in the boot or cab I would run 1/0 since it is a longer run, definately do the Big 3 installing a second battery you don't want your power system bottlenecked because of the low strand count original wiring. If you compare 8Ga jumper cables to 8Ga audio cable or welding cable you can see the difference the manufacture uses that strand count. make sure grounds are bare metal and you'll be fine.

As for that battery I couldn't find any more info than you could on it.

I've already basically done the big 3 with 4gauge. And actually in my kick paneling and stuff, 0 gauge won't fit.... It barely clipped all back together with my 4gauge. So idk. And how bad would it be to have roughly unmatching batts?

Build in progress:

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

Archived