Mr.Aircooled Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 Im building a box in my shop class for a school project it is for a 94 jeep grand Cherokee. I was wanting to run a sundown x 15 but haven't been able to find specs for a good low tuned daily box. every thing I have found said use the zv.3 series as a starting point for bulding a enclosure for a x series. powered by a planet audio BB2400.1 wired at 1ohm heres what I came up with quick in school using the re calculator Box width: 38" height: 16" depth:20" MDF thickness: 1.5" port width: 4" port height: 13.5" port length: 14" port area: 52" tuning: 31hz (maby tune lower idk yet) box vol: 3.3^ all the corners will have 45's, round all the port edges and a coat of fiber glass resin inside. I don't have much experience building for a suv, I have only done ext and single cab trucks before so any help or input would me much appreciated. BOOZE IS FOOD
john253a Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 Don't use re cal as its not accurate Go to the stick section and get Torres Sub up port back is what works for most suv's you could also do both back Don't worry about the 45's inside the net area only in the port And if you can get the help As the shop teacher about kerfing Idd do both sides of the port and glass it up nice
Mr.Aircooled Posted August 31, 2013 Author Report Posted August 31, 2013 can 1.5" mdf be kerfed? have seen the process but I would be kinda nervous on doing that for the first time. Got the tores calculator ill mess with it today and see what I come up with. But do the specs I came up with seem ok for a x15 daily box? BOOZE IS FOOD
Mr.Aircooled Posted August 31, 2013 Author Report Posted August 31, 2013 heres what I came up with still want to get the tuning lower BOOZE IS FOOD
1two3 Posted September 1, 2013 Report Posted September 1, 2013 can 1.5" mdf be kerfed? have seen the process but I would be kinda nervous on doing that for the first time. Got the tores calculator ill mess with it today and see what I come up with. But do the specs I came up with seem ok for a x15 daily box? Why 1.5"? If ur gonna fiber glass it then 3/4 will be more than enough, maybe just slap another sheet on the baffle and ur good Car: 2000 Honda CRV Battery: XS Power D5100R Alternator: Stock 90A Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Front Speakers: Alpine Type S Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g Volt Meter: SMD VM-1 Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts
john253a Posted September 1, 2013 Report Posted September 1, 2013 Need more port and you didn't add the woofer displacement On the screen shot you cut the top off So can't much more as I can't see it all
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.