Second Skin Audio

I need help designing an aero ported enclosure for 1 15"

efeerz

(Update 9/6, did some more researching) Hi, I have been doing some research trying to figure out how to design a box for a single 15" sub to fit in my small honda's trunk with an aero port. I think anything over 17" in height would be really hard to fit into the trunk, so I came up with 17h x 33w x 18d. With those dimensions and also 3 4" aero ports 20" long would make the box be tuned to 32 hz with a 9.54 port area per foot and a net volume of 3.95 cubed. From research I've done so far that seems to be ideal. I would build the enclosure a little bigger, but that is pretty much taking up the whole trunk haha.

I originally wanted to buy a earthquake dbxi 15d sub woofer but I changed my mind to buying a fi bl 15.

Anyway if someone could help me out with those dimensions and if that would work out I would appreciate it greatly.

Here is a screenie of what I got so far on the handy calculator.

settings.png

You can buy extension kits for PSP ports - just another collar and 17" pipe, but I don't see how they would fit with 17h and 18w.

People have used 2 4" ports with 15" subs and had good results. Not ideal, but works.

You could look at a slot port design, but it is going to have more port displacement leaving you less net volume.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

If they will fit on the side with 4" between the box and the side wall of your car, that would work.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived