Second Skin Audio

help with Sundown SA12 box

02serv

I am going to be buying a SA12 and A Hifonics BRX1600.1d. Going to wire it up @ 2 ohms the amp says 1200 rms. I am trying to figure out how to use Torres. I listen to a little bit of everything. I am looking for a box that will play a little low but I want that hit you in the chest feeling also. This is what I have come up with. This is my first time designing a box. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I used to just go to a shop and say this is what I want. I want to build my setups now.

outside dimensions

H: 16

W: 34.5

D: 13

Port Dmensions

H: 16

W: 2

L: 37

1.76 Net Volume

34HZ

I don't use Torres so I can't help you there but I noticed you plan a 16" overall height and a 16" port height. Not possible. The port will be 14.5" tall in a 16" box, assuming 3/4" single layered construction.

Also, the measurements you give yield 3.18 cubes gross. The port you mentioned and the driver displacement would take that down to 2.19ftⁿ and the tuning would be 29 Hz. For 34 Hz in that volume (~2ftⁿ), you'd need about a 28" port.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

It's actually 2 cubes net with woofer displacement, tuned to ~30 Hz.

I'm running an SA-15 on 1500 watts. Same motor...

I could always go with the BRX1100.1D I think that is 800 rms. I Use the car as my as my family car so I need some trunk space I could do a Single X12. I can't find the enclosure specs for them though. I can't a big setup in my weekend car its a Honda S2000. No trunk in that car. I thought about maybe one SA8v2 in it If I can get a big enough box it would have to sealed though not enough room for ported.

The X will work in a smaller box than the SA but you're talking about a 1250wrms woofer v. a 600wrms woofer. I wouldn't go downsizing amps with more than double the rms handling....

I would only down size the amp if the SA won't take the 1200 rms. I have watched and read alot of post about them taking more than that on a daily basis. I read the X isn't so good on the high bass notes but I'm sure it do well enough for me. As far as box size goes I will installing this in a Audi A4 I just want to keep enough trunk space to fit 2 average sized duffle bags. The only thing I have seen on the X was that they will work the same size box as the SA. One X12 would be cheaper than two SA12s though. I use to compete with 2 excursion 10s on a earthquake phd2 and I had a s-10 with 10 12s with 3 earthquake phd2s in it. I do miss the shake the hell out of everything bass. The X is starting to look better the more I think about it. If do go with the X I could step it up to the BRX2000.1D so I will be putting a little bit more than rms to it.

Archived