Jump to content

will an equalizer fix my problem


Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright so this car audio shop basically said my head unit has a low voltage rating. He says I'm missing out on a much clearer signal and that I should get a head unit that operates between 3-5 volts. Is this important? Can I just add an equalizer to my system instead of buying a deck?

Posted

What deck do you have?

The only thing having a higher preout voltage will give you is a lower gain setting. Lower gain setting = less amplification of any unintended noise, which if I may add: you shouldn't have if your install was done properly.

Adding an EQ won't necessarily fix this since it will amplify the noise as well

Posted

That's what I did for mine. It will help you boost your voltage but if your head unit sucks and sends garbage down the line you are still going to have 7v of a garbage signal.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Any noticeable difference?

That's what I did for mine. It will help you boost your voltage but if your head unit sucks and sends garbage down the line you are still going to have 7v of a garbage signal.

Posted

Yes it is noticeable and in my install my door speakers are mounted low so it is very nice to be able to tune the vocal and high frequency's without spending big dollars on a higher end unit just for 5v pre out

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Yea I would much rather just add an equalizer. What equalizer are you using?

Yes it is noticeable and in my install my door speakers are mounted low so it is very nice to be able to tune the vocal and high frequency's without spending big dollars on a higher end unit just for 5v pre out

Posted

Clarion EQS 746 never heard or used diesel audio before sorry

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 809 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...