frenziedcage Posted September 6, 2013 Report Posted September 6, 2013 I built my sub box the sub is on the top of the box and the port is on the back of the box. If I face the back of the box into the cabin and seal the trunk off completely would that give me better sound then the rear facing port I have now? If so ima just flip my box around and face the port into the cabin. My was originally built for the concept to seal it off. So would that give me more spl into the cabin? Would more air flow? Thanks for any help..
big dee Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Try it both ways and test it out , no one can realy tell you that.
frenziedcage Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 Alright haha I just thought someone may have done this themselves before but ill do that.
SnowDrifter Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Sub up port back? Cabin? Is this a trunk car? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
frenziedcage Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 Yeah it's a trunk car I have the sub up port back right now. I figured it would sound deeper if I did port forward and seal it off since my box is blocking a lot of the air flow right now since its so big there's only about a inch on each side if that for air to flow to the cabin with the port back. I have a 18" psi platform 2.
Watch the bass Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 And if you didnt like, build a box sub´s and port facing into the cabin. "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
frenziedcage Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 I cant do sub and port into cabin cuz there's not enough clearance for the sub to mount on the front of the box due to trunk height.
Watch the bass Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 What´s with a box with this design + port up front It´s a little more work to seal it up. "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
frenziedcage Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 So port facing forward is my only option. The box is a PITA to get in there and especially to flip the opposite way so that the port is front facing that's why I'm tryin' to figure out if it will push a lot more air in the cabin that way before i attempt it. there's gotta be someone that has a sub up and port forward that's done it that way. I don't see why it wouldn't work if i seal off the trunk properly?
frenziedcage Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 I could possibly do a design like that I never thought to do a angle front slab. would this still be achievable with my current box if I just re did the front slab? I've got a lot of mdf wood still laying around.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.