Second Skin Audio

Reconing Subwoofer *Help a noob out.* Finished pics page 2

RidingTooLow

Alright I will take a trip to lowes tommorow for some goop. When I glue it, do I need to use clothespins/weights or anything of the sort until it dries? The surround will lay on the cone pretty much where it needs to just need to know if it needs pressure while it dries. How long do y'all let this goop stuff dry for before playing the sub?

Put some weight on the dustcap. Like 5 pounds or so. Ive played a sub about 10 mins after gooping the dustcap on. No problem. Id wait on yours though since youll be fixing the surround.

Team B2

2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black

4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each

8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros.

157.7 sealed so far.

Now I have another question. The original cone and dust cover has like a "coating" dare I call it? It's all raw paper cone now, but its a mojo and the paper is really stiff, and I dont think it will matter? This sub was free, and I'm not expecting much for under $30 repairs on it, BUT! Since it plays I'm hoping for a high success rate. Lmao

What if you were to paint it with fiberglass resin or something? Just the parts that are bare paper. That way it's sealed

I don't foresee weight being an issue. Put it on thin. Enough to cover it, but don't go glopping it on

Archived