RidingTooLow Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Hey guys. So today I acquired an older memphis Mojo 12" sub. The one with the orange basket and multicolored cone. Now, the cone is missing. But! The speaker plays just fine and sounds great except for a slapping noise. The noise come to find out is the surround came unglued in a area. I'm thinking that this sub can be saved with a custom dust cap and some glue. I'm new to this stuff....what glue do you guys recommend? I am going to measure and get an idea of how big of a dust cap I will need. Any suggestions for those? Also any advice on this subject at all will be much appreciated. I will post pics in a few.
liljestrand Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 people usually us ca glue, myself I use amazing goop for the dustcap. Team B2 2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black 4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each 8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros. 157.7 sealed so far.
SnowDrifter Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Goop works great for the surround. You'll want something with a small bit of give in it since surrounds are flexible. I've always used CA glue for the dustcap though. CA glue, epoxy, goop, it's personal preference. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
RidingTooLow Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 Awesome. Like I said, the sub was free, and he said it was "blown". It plays great just unglued slapping surround. How badass of a dust cap should I get? Any suggestions for where I should buy one? DD? Sundown? Fi? Sorry for the noobish questions. I'm trying something new.
RidingTooLow Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 Okay, I just measured, a dust cap about 7 1/2" in diameter will be what I need. 8" is too big. Can I get amazing goop at lowes?
RidingTooLow Posted September 7, 2013 Author Report Posted September 7, 2013 Actually 7" may be fine also.
tacomaguy1 Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 Yes....load it up with goop and slam away Team Flex Issues
Bship Posted September 7, 2013 Report Posted September 7, 2013 fixmyspeaker.com I'm sure they will sell you a dustcap, and I bet If you tell them what the sub is, they will tell you what size you need. Build a box for it and you will be good to go. CARS 14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days 69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time Last car '12 Focus with build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.