How much have some of you guys spent to buy a beater?

My friend bought 1996 lincoln town car with almost 180k miles for 600 about a year ago.. No major issues till today.. Drives super smooth and about 20mpg

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

i really dont know how much i should spend. I 'd hope what ever i buy lasts for a couple of years. I dont do my own engine work either. Im probably looking at around 2000$ to get something somewhat reliable and in decent shape (not too much rust everywhere).

What do you guys think? also i need to get a car/truck that can fit at least 2 alts preferably.

• 4 weeks later...

How much to spend depends on what you want. Now a true beater like one I bought years ago for $400 was just that. I drove it for a few years and only did the minimum to it. The only major thing I did was change the clutch because i could barely get up the hill by work lol and that was less than $100 because I did it myself. Then i sold it for $400 with bad CV joints.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

For me beater is under 1k. decent-nice car would be 3500-6000.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I am eyeballing a crew cab Nissan Frontier down the street with a for sale sign on it. I haven't got the chance to actually stop and check it out yet though. Looks nice, all black like my Camry, and raised up just enough to lifted. If it is under $10k I might grab it. Then, I would let my girlfriend drive my Camry to work so she can save money on gas. (She drives a v-8 Yukon), and I could have fun with the truck.. Hmmmmmmm

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Archived