bucky27 Posted September 9, 2013 Report Posted September 9, 2013 Okay noob here. I just bought a kicker comp r 10 inch. I was wondering what enclousure would work best in. Ported? or sealed? If ported you think a L slot, T line or aero port?
john253a Posted September 9, 2013 Report Posted September 9, 2013 How much power you putting on it and what amp? How much space do you have? Measurements and car type? What do you want to achive? In the manual it list max and min for ported and seald Plus the power ratting in rms for them Ported is 1.25-1.75cuft Sealed is 0.8-3cuft One thing with kickers recomadions is that includes the driver displacement http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/2013%20CompR%20Rev%20E.pdf
Sergeant_Skyrim Posted September 9, 2013 Report Posted September 9, 2013 I'd recommend ported. I went from 2 Comp 12s in a sealed prefab to a ported box (the first one I ever made) and they sounded amazing compared to the sealed box. Build in progress
bucky27 Posted September 9, 2013 Author Report Posted September 9, 2013 750 watts my trunk is around 18 tall 42 wide and 45 deep. Its an 04 malibu and trying to achieve a good clean bass respone with a good low end
bucky27 Posted September 9, 2013 Author Report Posted September 9, 2013 i have an mtx thunder 4501 that birth sheet was 756 at 2 ohms
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.