Sonic Electronix

Any tips/tricks for filling in doors?

Ok, so I know some of y'all have some tips on filling in the doors, behind the door panels. Ya know, the big access holes for the window motors. I have dampened my doors, but I see some people use the dampener to cover the whole and make the whole panel almost like its own box. It seems to me that there should be a better way. Anyone ever tried to use wood or some kind of material to cover it up? Obviously it would have to be removable incase I need to change my window motor down the line, but..... Any advise will help..

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Most of the smaller holes can be covered with simple deadener. If you have a large piece you could tape the area, glass over it. Then trim the piece to size and use some sheetmetal screws. Thin plexi will work too. If you use wood make sure that you coat it in resin so it doesn't warp or absorb moisture.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Ahhh, didn't even think of plexi.. That might be an easy route to take because it is easy to work with! Thanks..

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Thin sheet metal held on with sheet metal screws, deadener over that

I would need to buy extra tools to fabricate that I think. I can shape plexi glass or wood with my saws all.. I would have thought some of the members here would be loaded with ideas!!!!

Archived