Sonic Electronix

10's would defiantly do best for that type of music, you may want to look at a ported. Some like sealed and others ported for metal music, since it has an aggressive style and the double bass it isen't always completely tight and 100 percent accurate, the slightly less accurate sound may suit it better.

Also if you do it right and pick the right subs, you can do a ported that will sound good on the metal. But this is just a suggestion. I would defiantly stick with 10s though.

How much power are you thinking your going to run and what subs you looking at?

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

I just took a look, It says it's good for either. So I would say it's all in your preference, the ported box will make it louder. I don't have any personal experience with the sub, but even if I did, it's all in the viewers eyes.

And are you set on the Fosgate subs or open to other ideas? they are good subs but you can get more bang for your buck. Also what's your price range, what RMS range are you looking for, how much room do you have. And how many are you looking to run? I think you posted 4.

If you can hit me up with some information i'd be more than happy to help ya :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

I thought about using RF 10s maybe the p2s. Would u recommend sealed or ported for those?

i have never used rockford but all i can say is if you build the right box ported it will still have great quality with alot more output. all i listen to is metal and thats a hard genre of music to get subs to play like you want. my e10s are only about 100 each. i did months of research and sundown e series is pretty much the best for the bang and buck.

10's... go biggier. I have a SSA XCON 15 in my trunk and it absolutly hammers the kick drums in metal. Fear Factory has some very fast cicks in their music and that 15" keeps up and sounds awesome doing it. If you build your box right a ported box will be great for metal. Mine is tuned to 34 btw.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

Why does the size of the sub matter, when you could just get whatever you wanted and put it in a well designed box with low group delays... Or get a couple 15's or 18's for a IB.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I use to have two 18s but I sold everything. I'm not really wanting another large system just something that has a powerful punch to fill that low end in the music I listen to. Which is why I thought of the 10s because that would take up the least amount of space for what I'm wanting. I mean I could use the box I have for a 15 and still keep a littlw room. Vehicle is a trailblazer btw.

Archived