Sonic Electronix

First off, hello everyone! :)

I'm into the whole car audio scene and its nice to have found a forum that's constantly buzzing with bass heads.

I recently installed a complete system for my girlfriend's chevy HHR. She currently has a Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D415 15-Inch 1000 Watt Subwoofer. It's a pretty old subwoofer, but I had it in my attic from a previous system and it was just gathering dust, so I gave it to her. She was balling on a budget so she bought a SSL amplifier claiming to make 1,500 watts, though its probably only making 200 watts, IF THAT.

She's finally fed up with the piece of shit and wants something better but with more quality to it's name. I decided to do some research and found this amp here:

RF Prime R500X1D (I seen reviews about this amp over heating at 2ohms)

I'm not to savy with audio so I decided to get a reassurance here. Will this amp be good for the sub she has? She wants a strong bass, something that will actually make that speaker flex.

I also found this one here:

Hifonics BRX1100.1D 1 (I didn't see any negative reviews about this one)

Anyway, I'm not going to type anymore lol... I would appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to help me out here! If there's something else you can recommend under $170, I'm listening! Thanks everyone!

I think the 1000 watt´s are a max RMS, it´s a punch P3 and he would need 500 watt RMS. And incase it´s old i wouldn´t feed him much more, or you blew him up.

Must agree with this

It's 1000w not rms then new are 600rms 1200peek

So value for money that rf amp at 2ohm will do 500rms

If you want to spend a bit more q1-750

At 210 or even the q1-1200 feeding 900 rms if and I mean if the gains are set correct at a -5 or even a -3 allowing room to upgrade latter

I think the 1000 watt´s are a max RMS, it´s a punch P3 and he would need 500 watt RMS. And incase it´s old i wouldn´t feed him much more, or you blew him up.

Must agree with this

It's 1000w not rms then new are 600rms 1200peek

So value for money that rf amp at 2ohm will do 500rms

If you want to spend a bit more q1-750

At 210 or even the q1-1200 feeding 900 rms if and I mean if the gains are set correct at a -5 or even a -3 allowing room to upgrade latter

Given the information I have now, that RF Prime sounds like it would be a perfect match for the subwoofer, not too little not too much. The only thing I'm worried about with that amp is the over heating issue at 2ohm that I've seen on some reviews.. That's the only way I'll be able to get 500 watt rms out of that amp.

I like this Audio technix 800 I seen but I'm not sure if wired to 1ohm will burn the sub out.

Audio technix makes some pretty good amps. Id

Vote for that. Love the plexi bottoms!!

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Audio technix makes some pretty good amps. Id

Vote for that. Love the plexi bottoms!!

that's good to hear.. lol. I'm not sure if it will be too much for that subwoofer, though. If she decided to go with that subwoofer I would have to set it at 1ohm so the sub isn't under powered (with the technix amp 2ohm is at 400watt rms).. seeing as it is an old subwoofer (late 2008) I don't know if 800 rms would be too much for it. These subs back then had a max of 500rms I believe.

Audio technix amps are underrated! Will do more power then it says. So also keep that in mind. U don't have to have the amp maxed out, keep the gain down, make sure the signal is clean. An then u have a little upgrade room

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Archived