DC Sound Lab

Please help with DC XL 12" enclosure specs

No 2 subs are going to be alike. You are talking about subs from 2 different companies that were designed by 2 different people and use completely different parts. What Sundown, DD, SSA, Ascendant, Fi, DC, etc subs are going to like will vary from sub to sub. Sure there may be some overlapping on some, but every sub is going to have a specific range that it likes and performs best in.

I just had a customer email me complaining that his Level 6 15s were only doing mid 40s, my first question was what size is your box. He had them in just over 5ft3 per sub. I had him build a new box that was right at 3.5-3.75ft3 per sub and I get another email back saying "holy crap you were right". For the most part all DC subs tend to like smaller boxes. This should be great news to most people because that means A) you dont need as much room to run our subs or B) you can fit more of them in the space you have available.

There are so many variables in car audio that are uncontrollable and your box is one of those variables. My recommendations are just base recommendations based on what i know the subs like. It is up to you to then take that and figure out what works best for that sub in your own vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...