Why Am I Not Getting Full Potential

box is 41 x 27.5 x 22.5

port is 24 x 5 1/8 17.5 long

thats the problem!

Im sure it sounds good like that but if you want higher legal numbers on the TL then you gotta make the box alot smaller and tune alot higher.

.... of course then its gonna sound like shit. :lol:

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

start at the deck and make sure you dont have any of the sub controls off or phase outa wack,

then work your way back through the system.

subs is set to "on" ...phase correct....its an alpine deck and if I press "mode" the first thing it says is sub, and if I spin the dial it gives me plus 1-15 but I'm not sure if I should set it for +(1-15) .... when I put it to high before one of my subs would stop playing as loud as the other...

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

thats the problem!

Im sure it sounds good like that but if you want higher legal numbers on the TL then you gotta make the box alot smaller and tune alot higher.

.... of course then its gonna sound like shit. :lol:

Can you give me the exact tuning on it cuz I'm not sure....

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

subs is set to "on" ...phase correct....its an alpine deck and if I press "mode" the first thing it says is sub, and if I spin the dial it gives me plus 1-15 but I'm not sure if I should set it for +(1-15) .... when I put it to high before one of my subs would stop playing as loud as the other...

are you sure you have the master/slave switches correct?

that is sub gain, I wouldnt turn it all the way up, but definitly turn it up some then reset your gains with a 50hz tone.

and still....it peaks at 50hz so it should get pretty freakin loud....I don't think it is as good as it can be,...maybe I'm wrong.... I hate being a newb d:

Tune a lil higher.....i think those Jeeps have a lower res freq, like low 40s

Try like 40hz tuning....itll still play plenty of lows like that and be closer to to peak freq for SPL

A lil smaller box could help a bit to

And yeh, dont set that sub level all that high....i have mine at -6 always

2004 Explorer4 12" Type R500.1(.5 ohm)6cu@35hz153@ 44hz

Archived