Jessica Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 So I am finding I have to cut 1khz on my mids by like 452db just do they don't sound like 4 dollar pa drivers They are in sealed pods on the door with poly fill in the pods. They are t1675's. 125hz HPf. 3.5k lpf Anyone got any tips on what I should do? Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
ghostlyrich Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 So I am finding I have to cut 1khz on my mids by like 452db just do they don't sound like 4 dollar pa drivers They are in sealed pods on the door with poly fill in the pods. They are t1675's. 125hz HPf. 3.5k lpf Anyone got any tips on what I should do? lots of distortion or just sound gutless? My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ghostlyrich Mazda 3 2006 Build (R.I.P) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172728-mazda-3-2006-stealth-build/ Volkswagen GTI 2011 Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192979-vw-gti-2011-build/ Jeep 2015 Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201493-my-new-jeep-2015/
Jessica Posted September 13, 2013 Author Report Posted September 13, 2013 They just sound almost like free air to me, like cancellation. But i have them all in phase. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
finkster Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 So you used the filters on the amp or some other source? DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Jessica Posted September 13, 2013 Author Report Posted September 13, 2013 Using the head units high and low pass The amp is set to all pass Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Kyblack76 Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 Damn. That sucks. And, right where I would put them. Damn. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Kyblack76 Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 Then again I wouldn't run my mid range that high. Cut at like 100/125 - like 800. No? Tweeters or a 3" will pick ho at 1k to 3k, then tweets only at 3k ish and up.... Or am I high? 1k, isn't mid range. Is it? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Guest Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 have you pop tested to make sure the polarity is correct? theres always that like .0001% chance that the factory switched the + and - leads on accident.
Jessica Posted September 13, 2013 Author Report Posted September 13, 2013 Keep in mind the tweets agent hooked up yet. But damn they sound really weird to me. Had the same issue with the t2675's too. Was hoping these would be better. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Jessica Posted September 13, 2013 Author Report Posted September 13, 2013 Kranny, I checked the wires. Using sky high wire so I used silver for negative and blue for positive. Hooked up one at a time using an 80hx test tone. Even hooked up each one both ways as I went to make damn sure. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.