frenziedcage Posted September 14, 2013 Report Posted September 14, 2013 I built a box about a week ago I didn't like it so now I'm gonna build a box with sub forward port forward. I'm concerned that this front slab will not be able to hold the 18" woofer with this design. Can anyone clarify for me that this will in fact fit on the front angled slab? http://oi41.tinypic.com/2hz76us.jpg The maximum height that my trunk allows is 17 inches so I have to compensate that by angling the front of my sub box as shown in that calculator will that angle be sufficient and still be able to fit the 18" woofer?
frenziedcage Posted September 14, 2013 Author Report Posted September 14, 2013 I'm mainly concerned with being able to put the woofer in the front slab at the dimensions that I have calculated in the previous picture I am trying to get as many cubic ft out of the box as possible since I am limited the amount of space I can work with I want to maximize the box. PSI recommends 4.25-7.2 cubic ft. With the design I have shown above I'm roughly at 5 cubes.
SnowDrifter Posted September 14, 2013 Report Posted September 14, 2013 Well your typical 18" driver has a cutout of 16.75" and an outer diameter of 18.5 inLooks like you should be able to. But you won't have any wiggle/error room. So make sure your cuts are accurate ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
john253a Posted September 14, 2013 Report Posted September 14, 2013 Also you now need to look at mounting depth and mag dia As that come I to play big time on angle boxes
frenziedcage Posted September 14, 2013 Author Report Posted September 14, 2013 It appears it'll work these are the dimensions of the sub Product Dimensions:Overall diameter - 18.5" w/ gasketCutout Diameter - 16.75"Mounting Depth - 9"Displacement in enclosure - .18 ft^3Weight - 40 lbs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.