XS Power

1991 chevy 3/4 ton. Yes alternator is regulated at 14.4 volts. Its a 105 amp. But i will upgrade alt if i do the 14 volt battery. plus i will get the AVBM. I belive the rest of the trucks electrical should be fine, except i think i will have to deal with the fuel pump issue. But from what i seen on the video, the speed controller will solve the fuel pump issue.

truthsayer

I'm not entirely sure that running 14v would fix your problems to be honest. You aren't dropping a ton of voltage. 13.9 is fine

If you want to help with the light dimming convert to HIDs or get some supercapacitors. Aftermarket alt may help, but I'm not sure how much benefit you'd see since you aren't in battery voltage

my 2 amps are a infinity kappa 4 for the speakers a kx1600... im thinking this 14v xsd1400 batt was a bad purchase i just got it for really cheap brand new so i can't complain

my 2 amps are a infinity kappa 4 for the speakers a kx1600... im thinking this 14v xsd1400 batt was a bad purchase i just got it for really cheap brand new so i can't complain

Why do you think it was a bad purchase?

Why do you think it was a bad purchase?

getting ahold of a bolt in alt rate now is being a bit of a bitch and if im buying stuff just to make this battery work i got to make sure i can get a alt setup together to charge it. Asked mech man he says he can send me the parts but i will have to fab a bracket im currently in conversation with dc power but haven't heard anything back "because its the weekend im sure" but the only mazda 3 alts they show are discontinued https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/2006~Mazda~3~2.0L/11008-190-hp.html

Ok, so looks like all i realy need is the speed controller and a AVBM. And yes i know a 12 volt charges at 14, actualy mine charges at 14.4 volts. But i want to run a 14 volt batt, wich will charge at 16.4 volts. This will eliminate the need for all the extra batts, cables, etc. since i have a single cab pickup and run only 2 amps. 1-400 watt rms and 1-1200 watt rms. The main 14 volt batt, putting out around 16 volts should be sufficent enough to run the 2 amps.

No this is not correct. Just because you are running a higher voltage doesnt mean that it will support your amp better.

so after calculating this and watching the videos posted in the thread i think i should probably sale off the 14v battery i got a wicked deal on in a package deal and invest in a 12v battery. it looks like i would have to step down everything to make it work or am still a little confused to tell you the truth. i have a d1400 on the way and to run the battery it looks like i would need the step down module and the alternator voltage converter piece which would cost as much as just buying another battery...