Sundown Audio

will 2 ohm bridging work with this amp

bassman619

I have a memphis mc4.75 4 channel amp.. I am getting a set of re audio xxx 6.5 components. They take 150w rms and 300w peak each but thes comps are 2 ohms impedance. I have this in my car now hooked up to some mclass 6.5s and I have done research on this amp. What I found is you can bridge the amp to get 2x 230watts rms at 4 ohms. Youcan also put a 2 ohm load on each channel to get a 4 x 115w rms..but what I want to do is bridge it but I dknt know if that is possible with this amp. Can some one tell me if it can be done?

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Yes that amp is 2 ohm stable. just be careful they tend to run a little hot.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

2 ohm stable only when each channel is loaded to 2 ohms.

When you bridge a 2 ohm load on a 2 channel amplifier (a 4 channel amplifier is 2 2 channel amplifiers together for simplicity's sake) each channel will see the resulting load as 1 ohm.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived