powermax usa alts ?..

Oh jesus nevermind just buy the thing. There is more in parts in a quality.alternator than they are selling those things for. This isnt a hard concept. So you obviously want to buy it just buy it. Ten people tried to tell you including one alternator manufacturer and yet you choose to go along with the one guy who is trying to tslk himself into the fact that just because it costs more that youre just paying s premium for a name.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Just run a couple of google searches

I purchased my 250 H/O alt(powermax USA) and had it installed in my '01 Deville. I also replaced a bad battery so i have a new yellow top optima battery. I get full power from my alt at 1200 RPMs, at start up I get 15v then at a stop sign or red light the volts drop to an average of 12.8-13.5 at idle @ 600-750 RPMs.
I bought a 180 amp alt originally from him in February. It seemed like a fair price. The first one went out within the 45 days PayPal gives you to file a claim (3,500 or so miles) & he responded & allowed me to return it. I mailed immediately, waited 3 weeks for a new one to arrive. New one (not even new just my old one repaired) never even put out a full 14 volts. This one lasted about 1,000 miles. I have my idle bumped up to 1,200 rpm, big 3 upgrade with heavy wire. Only running 140 amps max of fusing on amps & no other unusual sucking juice. If his alt did what it claimed I wouldn't be writing this.
personally, i wouldn't recommend these to my worst enemy.....i'm glad it worked out for op, but it was a huge scam to me....

alt.jpg

i mean, they didn't even TRY to change anything....the stators looked the same, case was the same...i doubt it was even rewound...in the above pick you can see stock, powermax, and a REAL high output alternator built by DC power....The differences between the first two are indecipherable, while the third it would seem obvious that it performs to advertised specs.....I felt cheated out of my money and was upset I didn't bite the bullet and put the money that I threw down the toilet (on the powermax) into the third alternator which is amazing...~220 amps at idle, 270 at 1700 rpms, rated hot mind you....thats my two cents....
I bought one of these about 5 months ago and I returned it after having it tested by Interstate Batteries. They said it wasn't even putting out what the stock alt puts out. I got $150 back when I paid $200 and had to pay for shipping it back. Yes it looked exactly like the stock, nothing different. I was very skeptical especially after talking to the guy on the phone. He advised me not to get it tested because the guys at Autozone would fry it! They did not of course. I wanted to leave bad comments on his page but eBay doesn't allow it after it's been too long. And I wanted to wait until I got my money back to be safe. So now I'm shopping for one and ran into this. I'm thinking Mechmans 220 amp for $400 might be the way to go.
PS: The guy does have a lot of good reviews on ebay, that is what helped convince me to do it. I warned the guy I would get it tested and assured him I would send it back if it did not come close to 200 amps. I don't know about the guy above that said his was good from powermax. Powermax has been doing this for a while (years) under different names on ebay.

But please, feel free to go ahead and buy one to test and let us know how it does and how long it lasts.

u mean theres a possiblity that it doesnt even charge at idle???wha!!!?

Find out what the idle output is before you buy it. And post back, I am interested. I have heard stock casings converted to high output like the powermax to have really low output amps around (70 amps) and some do not even start to charge at idle speeds. I am not saying it is complete garbage, anybody can have issues with high output alternators even expensive ones. Price and quality do not always go together. People get stuck on the 5 bad reviews they see when there are 500 good reviews. Flame me for it, but its true.

The db electrical isnt good either. There are very few people who make good alts. Those guys srent on the list. You see the same names over and over again for areason and its not because youre paying for the name.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I biught my iraggis when dom was actually not shit. Between disaplearing acts. They will go to mechman soon to be rebuilt. I also have dick all at idle.

We knew you were dead set on buying it. Even after you asked and were told otherwise. Why ask if you sre going to disregard everything you were told.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived