Question about wiring.

Ok, so as I was trying to map out my upcoming build, i realized that the store that originally hooked up my amp and speakers spliced into the original wiring for my speakers. As in, the amp in the back, speaker wires go into my 6x9s in rear deck, then into the original wiring harness that runs up to the front doors. I am assuming that it would be better to run my own wires from the amp up to the doors. Question, what is the best size wire to use for this. It is a Mmats 600 watt 4 ch amp, and will be going into some mid-grade comps when I am ready to build.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Yeah, I pretty much got that. I was suprised the install shop didn't do that in the first place. What size wire is the best for speaker wire? And need I worry about alt noise if I run speaker wire next to power wire, or is that just RCA's that need to be kept away?

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Generally the RCA whine is from a grounding issue. You are not supposed to run power next to RCAs but mine have been like that for years with no whine.

And the shop is going todo whatever will save them the most money unless you tell them otherwise.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived