Second Skin Audio

(2) RF T1 Box Design Help

cfarrias

How you have it will work. The ports need to be flared, so using PSP aero ports, or flaring them yourself will need to be done. Your sub/port orientation will work fine. I designed a few boxes for my girlfriend's old 2008 Scion and never got a chance to install anything before we traded it on a new Camaro. I was always around 18" height or so and I thought I was getting more width than you. I thought I had like 40-42" width. You may consider putting an angle on the box so you can follow the line of the seats. 17" of depth on that box will not leave you 6" of clearance from the port to the hatch.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

How you have it will work. The ports need to be flared, so using PSP aero ports, or flaring them yourself will need to be done. Your sub/port orientation will work fine. I designed a few boxes for my girlfriend's old 2008 Scion and never got a chance to install anything before we traded it on a new Camaro. I was always around 18" height or so and I thought I was getting more width than you. I thought I had like 40-42" width. You may consider putting an angle on the box so you can follow the line of the seats. 17" of depth on that box will not leave you 6" of clearance from the port to the hatch.

Thank you for your help with that last design I'm now at 24 inches of height 38 inches of width and 18 inches of depth to get the tuning I want with port area per square foot I need I'm thinking I might just have to do the ports on the baffle then because I won't have much clearance at all between the hatch and the port what do you think

You'll want 6" for a 6" port of clearance between the box and back wall

It can be done down 3" but not recommend

You could also do 4x 4" ports

Then you only need 4" of clearance

I'm with clean about angling the front of the box to bring the net up

Unless your putting batt or amps there

Why you want to tune so low

With such a low net

Tunning a but higher and bring up the net in the process will lower your f3

Allowing you to play close to the same bit with more top end

You'll want 6" for a 6" port of clearance between the box and back wall

It can be done down 3" but not recommend

You could also do 4x 4" ports

Then you only need 4" of clearance

I'm with clean about angling the front of the box to bring the net up

Unless your putting batt or amps there

Why you want to tune so low

With such a low net

Tunning a but higher and bring up the net in the process will lower your f3

Allowing you to play close to the same bit with more top end

I understand the first part of what you are saying but I'm sorry I don't understand the last part please help me understand

He is planning on 2 12s I believe John. I think the Airspace he had allotted should be fine for a couple of T1s. I would be careful about how much power I have them though. Fosgate recommends 1.75 cubes per sub per specs. Usually manufacturers are on the safe side for people that like every day music and goals. More air is a good thing for most subs, but Fosgate has taken into consideration roughly 1.75 cubes at rated power to keep the sub thermally and mechanically happy. Start going outside of suggested airspace and power, you should know what you're doing.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived