cfarrias Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 So im building a box for two rockford T1 12's the newest models and im using win isd and torres calculator. they are both giving me different port lengths for tuning the box at 32hz with aero ports. I need some help on choosing which length to use. if you could help me I would really appreciate it thank you. here are screenshots of the software. Torres Calculator http:// Winisd http:// Winisd http:// Box Design Google Sketchup http://
Smoove Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 You need more port . 5sqin per foot is not enough. try for 9-12 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
cfarrias Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 You need more port . 5sqin per foot is not enough. try for 9-12 How would you recommend me doing that?
Smoove Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 Try 2 6in aero's. 17in long. your gonna have to make the box a little bigger to get to the tuning you want 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
cfarrias Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 Try 2 6in aero's. 17in long. your gonna have to make the box a little bigger to get to the tuning you want ok thank you so much for the help
cfarrias Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 is that better? any thoughts anyone? [/url]">http://http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/cfarrias94/media/T1boxdesign_zpsaaa84213.png.html'>
john253a Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 Double baffle the top And have you thought about a slot port
CleanSierra Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 You should try ports on the baffle. Why are you firing the ports in that direction if I may ask. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
cfarrias Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 Double baffle the top And have you thought about a slot port[/quote Ya I was going to do a slot port at first but I was told the aero port would sound Better and I have had aero port boxes in the past that sounded amazing that's why I'm going that route
cfarrias Posted September 21, 2013 Author Report Posted September 21, 2013 You should try ports on the baffle. Why are you firing the ports in that direction if I may ask. I'm putting the subs in a 2011 scion xb from what in told and the research I've done subs up ports backwards sounds the best that's why but I'm up for suggestions
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.