advise needed for spl system... what would you do?

toolshed

I'm going to agree with n8 here. My dad has a 99 ranger extended cab. I don't see how you are going to run 6 15's in a ported enclosure let alone a fourth order.

I would venture a guess that once you layer up two or three layers for the box walls, add the port and sub displacement and the baffle you are going to be pushing it to get 4 15's in a ported.

as for a fourth, you are going to probably have to do 2:1 so that will limit the number and size of drivers even more.

The old CV strokers with spiders on the outside did not have alot of xmax FYI

What are your goals. A good number or loud music?

This. My buddy has a pair. They are really neat, just no xmax

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

You mentioned "sealed box"? Is the flat wall option going to be a sealed 18 cube box?

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Thank you for that, I never knew that.

Id say maybe an inch xmax safely till cone folds. However they love large boxes and loads if port area

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

really just need the info of, 6 subs on a flat wall or 3 subs in a 4th order.... I appreciate everyone with all the concerns, but i have it under control. I have done the measurements and know what and i have to work with.

I'm going to agree with n8 here. My dad has a 99 ranger extended cab. I don't see how you are going to run 6 15's in a ported enclosure let alone a fourth order.

I would venture a guess that once you layer up two or three layers for the box walls, add the port and sub displacement and the baffle you are going to be pushing it to get 4 15's in a ported.

as for a fourth, you are going to probably have to do 2:1 so that will limit the number and size of drivers even more.

Thank you for that, I never knew that.

Id say maybe an inch xmax safely till cone folds. However they love large boxes and loads if port area

I am not running 6 ported.... only 3 ported or 6 sealed.

and if you think 6 subs, would you have them faceing each other or forward.... hoping to get 150...

lol dude. if these guys say 6 15's wont work, then they wont work. 18 cubes before any displacements is nowhere enough room to fit 6 15's well. that 18 will get dropped down to like 16.5 from sub displacement. then down again to like 13 cubes because of the port. dont forget the bracing.

Me just guessing, a shelf or L-port will take up around 3 cubes. Lets say with 4 subs and bracing, that leave 3.5 cubes per sub. So in a flat wall, 4 should fit perfectly. If they are older subs, that will likely want more air per sub than today's modern subs.

Question: Are these subs similar to CV Strokers with the spider on the outside and tons of throw(Xmax)?

these subs were pretty popular, underrated, and used back in the late 90s in a guys green van that competed in db and spl comps., as he ran 12 subs and 24 colosis hifonics amps. the subs were dual 6 coils. it was in the 170s.. dont remember the exact number though.

Me just guessing, a shelf or L-port will take up around 3 cubes. Lets say with 4 subs and bracing, that leave 3.5 cubes per sub. So in a flat wall, 4 should fit perfectly. If they are older subs, that will likely want more air per sub than today's modern subs.

Question: Are these subs similar to CV Strokers with the spider on the outside and tons of throw(Xmax)?

these subs were pretty popular, underrated, and used back in the late 90s in a guys green van that competed in db and spl comps., as he ran 12 subs and 24 colosis hifonics amps. the subs were dual 6 coils. it was in the 170s.. dont remember the exact number though.

If i had to choose between 6 sealed and 4 ported i would take 4 ported. even 3 ported. 6 ported could in theory be as loud or louder as 3 ported but it could go either way really.

as for a fourth i would say 3 15's in a fourth would almost not work. Figuring port and sub displacement and bracing/walls.

Archived