Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Time to get LOUD! What to do?!


TheMonolith2001

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well thats the thing I don't want to make a burp box I want to get louder on music. Thats why I was thinking something in between my 28hz tuning and that 40hz tuning.

This is also why doing 2X15 seems like a good option because I would be increasing cone area so much. I was thinking about doing 2 lower power 15s (SA-15s for example), these plus materials seems like im in the 500-600 dollar range. If I do two high power subs like for example an additional Fi Q, now im at like 800+ because I need the sub/materials/bigger amp. I didn't even factor in an electrical upgrade yet so probably like 1200+!!!!! I might be able to save a little money by running my ZR1000 on one and my PC21400 on the other, but damn thats alot of AB power meaning a lot more electrical upgrades! I don't really want to throw that much more money in to this. I still want to buy a lift kit/exhaust/intake!

Have I possibly reached my point of deminishing returns? I mean if changing my tuning isn't going to make that much of a difference unless I turn it into a burp box, or having to spend 1200+ to get a real difference. I don't really want to do it.

Posted

More power or more cone area. In your case,more cone area would probably be the safer route for you. 2 15" sa-15's should get you more lower bass output. otherwise you will end up with a high end sub and high end amp which will cost much more then 2 sa15's & a new enclosure

Posted

The two 15s are probably what I am going to do, just have to decide on what subs to use. The SA-15s seem like a good choice though. It's just way cheaper to add cone area than to add power when I already have quite a bit of power. After I made my last post here I discovered the Sundown X series O_O

Does anyone have any experience with these? They look like serious business and I should have plenty of power to play these to their potential. From what I read so far this looks like it may be the next big low end beast of a sub to have. I am seriously considering changing my mind and getting one of these instead!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...