Second Skin Audio

truck box help

2010gmc

Yeah I know there's so much information but I don't know how it applies to what I want to do. On another note, when I say hitting hard it probably doesn't even compare to what you think of as hitting hard. I'm just trying to get a setup that plays in the 30's and up pretty clear and with decent volume. The loudest system I've ever heard in person is probably my friends 2 jl 12's in a sealed box. It sounds like shit but gets pretty loud to me. Anyway I understand that going under my seats and with a budget means that I'm not going to get something insanely loud but I'm trying to get the best setup I can for my money

These answers don't exist. You can't compare things like that, there are too many variables. In one instance, the 12s may me louder, in another instance the 8s may be louder. Vehicle acoustics make a difference. You can't just generously say will this new louder than that? I can give you my personal preference, but another member could give you theirs. In my opinion, I'd do the 8s ported. You have more room to do a proper box and the right sub with using 8s. I wouldn't want to do 12s downfired personally. I really think you need to hear these Sundowns in a proper box locally.

It's difficult to make suggestions to someone and keep getting more and more questions. I understand you are new and young and haven't seen a lot yet. I'm really happy to help, but you'll probably just need to hear some setups. The equipment that has been suggested is well built and will no doubt satisfy if your enclosure is built properly. I can't help you if you won't trust my opinion, or you keep changing your mind between 8s, 10s, and 12s

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I was just asking you to compare how loud my setup will be compared to my friends who has enough room to do 12's sealed in a decent sized box. I was just trying to get your opinion on how loud the sa8's will be in a way that I could understand or relate to. But anyway a business called high output enclosures is doing my box. I'm pretty sure they can do a good job considering what I've seen of their work.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=459922620752215&__user=1269978426

I think that link should work, if not just search high output enclosures on Facebook or Instagram

I also can't compare the sound from subs in a sealed box of one vehicle to a ported box in the cabin if a different vehicle. I could guess and tell you that the ported 8s in your truck will sound louder, but it's purely a guess. It's an educated guess that the SA8s would be louder than your friend's JL subs, but I don't know what model sub he has. Also, you're talking about a huge cabin for those JLs, so response is different and there is room for the sound wave to develop.

You are either going to have to trust the opinion of people like mine that you find online, or find people that have the equipment you plan to run and get a demo of their ride. There is only so much that I can help with. I can't give you an idea for how loud, deep, or clean your system will be, there are too many variables.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I was just asking your opinion, even if it isn't really accurate because I have no idea of how it's going to sound. But thanks for all the help everyone who responded, the only thing I have to figure out is wiring I guess. I'm gonna try the t1500 with my battery and I'll buy a new one if it can't handle it

Archived