Disappointment, or Nothing to Worry About (Hairpin Pics Inside)

This is my first purchase of a high output alternator so I have no baseline expectations. Ordered up (and paid a lot of money for) a DC 270XP. Did some research and was sold on them in part because they "use only the best parts" and "don't pull parts from the junkyard" etc.

Got my alternator in after about a month after paying for it, which I have no problem waiting for a top quality product to be built. Here are a few pics of my purchase...

A big ol divot in the case

100_0582.jpg

Note the chip on the middle piece

100_0579.jpg

It was packaged well, so I am sure this didn't happen during shipping.

So, is this kind of thing normal? Should I be upset? I am sure the thing is going to perform well, I do not doubt that. It's just as a customer, if I bought a brand new amp direct from the manufacturer, and the heat sink was chipped. I would probably be a little less than satisfied, especially if I bought it from a company who boasts about being the best.

I want to make it clear that I am not bashing DC, and I really appreciate the amount of time Kyle spent on the phone with me answering all of my questions and sharing a lot of information. Just after opinions here.

What do you all think? Shut up and install it? Or is my less than satisfied feeling justified?

paying that much money you should get perfection.i would want to send it back.

Noted, thank you.

I am debating that, I just don't know if I want to wait a long ass time for the turn around. I am hoping the guts are perfect, and I know it wont be seen once it's in, but you get it right?

It's like buying a brand new car with a ding in the fender, it will still run like new, but it's the principal of the matter.

all though it will probably work just fine. I would definitely call the manufacture and send them a photo of the issue. It was obviously dropped, before being shipped. But if your like me when paying for a new product. I would be asking for a replacement.

truthsayer

Mine gets here tomorrow... I'll inspect mine to see how it looks.

Dual 270XP kit

Interested to see this.

Definitely jealous of all you GM guys that can run more than one alt without having to cut or move stuff.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Thats because we have to machine the back end of the case on the CNC mill. Since it's cast iron and supercooled when poured there are voids in the casting that cause that (think of lava and how it cools). No way we can know and all the cases have it in more locations than others. Before they're milled they don't show any voids because they are formed in the casting where we can't see it. Trust me if it was dropped, there would be a TON of damage from it hitting the ground.

I wouldn't wait a month for an alternator. That tells me the company is either too busy for their staff, too broke to buy parts or too disinterested in customer service to inspect their parts before sending them out.

I'm sure there are other reasons they may have delayed delivery but frankly, I would be suspicious of them.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Guest DC Power Kyle

I wouldn't wait a month for an alternator. That tells me the company is either too busy for their staff, too broke to buy parts or too disinterested in customer service to inspect their parts before sending them out.

I'm sure there are other reasons they may have delayed delivery but frankly, I would be suspicious of them.

But it's ok to wait a month for a subwoofer to be machined from Fi? We do the same process as them, how are we "too broke" to buy parts when we have to run CNC machine to make parts out of solid T6061 Aluminum Slugs. It's called high demand and nothing we can do about it. When you fit as many applications as we do and have over a hundred different aluminum frames depending on what vehicle you order for, it's very hard to keep every single frame on the shelf at all times.

good things come to people who wait.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Archived