sundown 6.5 component set help

Blake Farrar

Okay so i have a set of sundown 6.5 component set wire 4 ohms to a kicker zx550.2 and some times when im listening to my speakers at full the speakers will cut off for like 1 sec than turn back on and i look back and see that the amp still has power. ive checked all my grounds/ powers and everything is good, the only thing i could think of is could the crossovers get hot some how and turn them off for a sec i dont know if anyone could help me i would be very thankfull.

Crossovers might be blown.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

there brand new less than a month old and they play great its just every now and again they turn off for a sec i turned down the gain and messed with the frequency and it might have helped cause it hasnt done it when i was driving around last night. but have crossovers been know to turn off if they get hot or rattle to much??

thay might have built in circuit breaker it will cut your speakers off for a sec then come back on if to much power going to them it might look like this there should be one only all i do is twist it together it will bypass the circuit reset be carefull not to blow your components

[/url]">http://http://s900.photobucket.com/user/Ancelmo_Valadez/media/Photo-Polyswitch_zpsd7b2ddb3.jpg.html'>Photo-Polyswitch_zpsd7b2ddb3.jpg

Don't mess with the circuits, especially if you don't know what your doing. Check your speaker connections first, check your crossover settings on your amplifier and check your gains on the amp. Check your grounds, double check your RCA's. Always start with the basics first.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

ran new ground/ checked them all and the power and i just redid the rca's and remote and wires for volt meter so everything is good with in the amp the amp doesnt turn off and the gain is very low and i already twisted that breaker but i havnt tried it to see if it works and i just bought some crescendo 6.5 component set for my rear dead and i noticed it doesnt have the breaker like the sundowns so hopefully twisting the breaker will do it im bout to test it.

Are you sure that the problem is with the speakers not the amp?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I have known several people including myself that have experienced a "fading" issue with these sets. Its like after several minutes around 20-30min of full tilt on various amps , one channel kind of fades out or even cuts off. In my case turning the volume down for a few seconds and the volume goes back to normal. In my case I was sending about 60w per side or so. Other friends of mine run 100+ so its hard to say..

But its like the xovers have a built in thermal protection or something. After long periods of testing I found that adjusting the amp xover has fixed the issue. I raised it to 150hz from 100hz using a scope as well as measuring the voltage and now I can drive home from work 1 hour plus without a problem.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Sounds like a poorly designed crossover.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12