Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Opinions on this box for XFL 12s


sundown escort

Recommended Posts

Posted

Want to know what you think about this box for 2 XFL 12s. It is going in 2001 ford escort zx2. It will be facing forward sealed off trunk. Powering them with a bc3500. This is just a daily box.

Link: http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/sundown-escort/media/NEWBOX_zps333be437.png.html

If i missed anything let me know

Thank you

(Edit: I am confused on how to use the number (30 inches) of port length. It is going to end up being an L port, but i dont know what to make the L1 and L2 lengths. If someone could help that would be great.

19.25 for the L1 and 10.25 for the L2?

Idk though....)

Posted

I like it. Personally with that much power I'd like to see it slightly smaller unless you can keep a good eye on your equipment and know when your hurting them.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

I cant see the pic on mobile but shoot for around 4.8-5 cubes with 15-16sq in of port tuned to 32-34 with that amp

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

I like it. Personally with that much power I'd like to see it slightly smaller unless you can keep a good eye on your equipment and know when your hurting them.

I cant see the pic on mobile but shoot for around 4.8-5 cubes with 15-16sq in of port tuned to 32-34 with that amp

Thanks guys. I bought the mdf and glue today. I think i will just try it out how i have it. I cannot go any bigger at all on the outside dimensions. I post a pic when its done.

Posted

2 xfl's are gonna rip that escort apart. Lol. They should be able to handle that power as long as you keep a clean signal. Lets us know how it turns out.

truthsayer

Posted

i'm a fan of this

2004 Ford Taurus

Kenwood KDC-352U Dash

Kenwood (2) 6x8's

2 American Bass HD 15's D1 Coils

Audiopipe APK3500.1 @ 1ohm

Shuriken SK-BT140 Battery

8.8cu box with two 6'' aeroports, firing into the cabin

All Audiotechnix 0awg

Posted

2 xfl's are gonna rip that escort apart. Lol. They should be able to handle that power as long as you keep a clean signal. Lets us know how it turns out.

ive got 2 xfls in my charger and it taking a toll on my trunk and bumper and dash and everything and its not a custom box either. lol my sun roof waves at people when i drive by, roof flexes like 2 inches. r.i.p escort

Posted

2 xfl's are gonna rip that escort apart. Lol. They should be able to handle that power as long as you keep a clean signal. Lets us know how it turns out.

ive got 2 xfls in my charger and it taking a toll on my trunk and bumper and dash and everything and its not a custom box either. lol my sun roof waves at people when i drive by, roof flexes like 2 inches. r.i.p escort

2 xfl's are gonna rip that escort apart. Lol. They should be able to handle that power as long as you keep a clean signal. Lets us know how it turns out.

ive got 2 xfls in my charger and it taking a toll on my trunk and bumper and dash and everything and its not a custom box either. lol my sun roof waves at people when i drive by, roof flexes like 2 inches. r.i.p escort

Thats awesome. My car is already starting to get it a little from just 1 sa 12 and the car is in almost mint condition. What kind of amp are you running them off?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6425 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...