Chriskemp909 Posted September 30, 2013 Author Report Posted September 30, 2013 Hey, appreciate all the love guys! So I pulled the trigger and ill have two vvx-10's on my doorstep in a few days. I figured while I waited I should be able to get a jump start on the box. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm quite sure the subs ill be recieving are the V1 version of these skar vvx-10's. I had found these specs online, just wanted to conform them and see of anyone has possibly a better recommendation;? 10s : Ported : 1.5 FT^3 Minimum Sealed : 1.0 FT^3 Minimum I all so still haven't decided if I want a sealed or ported box either. I never heard the vvx-10 in either boxes. I would be open to both and what ever would suit my need more which would be mostly hip hop. I curently have two 12" kicker cvrs in a sealed box and I like it if that makes a differences. I bought the tens case I was looking for a tighter bass btw. I'll be sure to update w/ pictures and hopefully a video ASAP! Again thanks for all of your time guys!
Guest Posted September 30, 2013 Report Posted September 30, 2013 the size of the woofer doesn't indicate how "tight" or "loose" or "boomy" the woofer will sound. like the #2 most common misconception. its all in the box design, how the woofer will sound. shit box = shit sound. good box = good sound.
Boarhog35 Posted November 21, 2013 Report Posted November 21, 2013 I am running two vvx 10's at 1500 watts in a ported box. Works great never had any issues with it frying the subs.
Joe X Posted November 21, 2013 Report Posted November 21, 2013 I have a Crunch Power Zone PZA1400.2 2 Channel Amplifier 350 x 2 @ 4 OHMS, 700 x 2 @ 2 OHMS - 1400 Watts x 1 @ 4 OHMS with Illuminated Badge in my trunk already. I want to to buy two skar vvx-10" subwoofers. I was going to buy both woofers in 2ohms. I want to know how to wire them at 700 watts each? Or do I need the 4ohms? Btw: I've been looking at crutchfeild and sonic electronics wiring diagrams but, I don't understand if there 700 watts each? Thanks! The Crunch PZA1400.2 is rated peak not RMS it will probably won't even put out half of what it says of RMS on stock electrical (they usually do their ratings to 14.4V), get some IVXs instead if you want to keep the amp. Since it's a two channel amp you can either wire to 4 ohm bridged mode two D4s series-parallel or individually each D4 coils in parallel to 2 ohm to each individual channel. Lastly it's class AB so it will likely heat up quite a bit, make sure is in a ventilated spot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.