Justscrap Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 Wassup fellas? I have a 2011 dodge nitro and I'm wanting to run a single sa-10 for now. I'm needing opinions on a good box design and specs..I have 43" in width,16.5" in height,and 1' in depth. I know I won't be needing all that space but that gives an idea what I have to work with..lllet me know what y'all recommend. As for power I'm not sure just yet but I have a few amps that will work. Any help and opinion is much appreciated,thx fellas!! if you put a DD-1 in your amp terminal and it immediately went up in smoke, i would be concerned. If you shoved your dick in the terminal and it didn't blow up but a month later it blew up, i STILL WOULDN'T be able to blame your dick. It just does not make sense at all.
Justscrap Posted September 29, 2013 Author Report Posted September 29, 2013 Anyone?? if you put a DD-1 in your amp terminal and it immediately went up in smoke, i would be concerned. If you shoved your dick in the terminal and it didn't blow up but a month later it blew up, i STILL WOULDN'T be able to blame your dick. It just does not make sense at all.
john253a Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 How much power? What's you wood working skills like? Do you want aero or slot ports? Do you want dual slot ports with sub in middle It's your box so best get something you want and not have people drawing suff up you dont
Justscrap Posted September 29, 2013 Author Report Posted September 29, 2013 I have a jl 500/1 slash series amp,a fosgate t2500,and 2 autotek mx3000.1's but I know the bigger amps would be way too much power. So I'm either looking at using the jl 500/1 for now or just getting another amp,if so what amp would u reccomend? Wood working skills are average,I'm not a pro but I've built boxes before. As for ports I've never tried aero ports but I'd be willing to try it,a slot port is fine also. I listen to all types of music from rap,r&b,classic rock,some country,just all types of music. Thx again fellas.. if you put a DD-1 in your amp terminal and it immediately went up in smoke, i would be concerned. If you shoved your dick in the terminal and it didn't blow up but a month later it blew up, i STILL WOULDN'T be able to blame your dick. It just does not make sense at all.
fox_racin4 Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 Id use the T2500 on it and make the box just under a cube. The sub will take 1500rms CLEAN no problem as long as the sub will take the power mechanically ( this is 100% depending on the box) My wall was 14 cubes an i had 4 [email protected] DAILY ( i mean.. Everyday..) on 12 SA10s for about 3 months before subs started to rip surrounds. So so you can keep excursion down ( the "limiting" factor on the SA10 is the surround on outward stroke And tripple joint on inward stroke) Youll be fine 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Joe X Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 Missing is if the sub is a D4 or a D2 and what electrical do you have.
Justscrap Posted September 29, 2013 Author Report Posted September 29, 2013 Sub is a d4,electrical will be upgraded,big 3,I have a xspower xp3000,and will be looking into a h.o. Alt soon. Ad maybe doing dual runs... if you put a DD-1 in your amp terminal and it immediately went up in smoke, i would be concerned. If you shoved your dick in the terminal and it didn't blow up but a month later it blew up, i STILL WOULDN'T be able to blame your dick. It just does not make sense at all.
john253a Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 Run the t2500 at 8ohm 0.75net 11sq" of port at desired hz If it was mine
Justscrap Posted September 29, 2013 Author Report Posted September 29, 2013 Thx for ur opinion John....anyone else? Anyone do any designs? if you put a DD-1 in your amp terminal and it immediately went up in smoke, i would be concerned. If you shoved your dick in the terminal and it didn't blow up but a month later it blew up, i STILL WOULDN'T be able to blame your dick. It just does not make sense at all.
fox_racin4 Posted September 29, 2013 Report Posted September 29, 2013 No. Dont run it at 8ohm. Wire it down to 2 ohm and set gain so your not bottoming that bitch out. Headroom>clipping 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.