Second Skin Audio

New dd subs

Dd9515 king

Idk I think $900 and some change is a little over the top for a 12 though. Just asking... How much a difference could it be for the price they are asking? can I and will I really feel and hear the difference between DD and any other woofer for this price

the price may seem a bit high, but trust me its worth it. Bump4life has 2 9512's in a trunk and they are loud as hell. they were louder than some walls I have heard. so I can only imagine how the 9900's will sound.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Oops. Forgot. I love the dustcap on the 99.

Edit- looks like the extended the basket to make some room at the spider, ... See the angles?!?!

Hmmmmmmm a 4"coil 12" ? Lol ...

Looks like a nice spaced spider pack to me. And I'd say a 4" coil for sure.

Like who?

Dude, I'd just stop. You know who he meant, does he really have to spell it out?

"ANYONE ELSE" - there you go, direct quote from n8.

N8 never new you had a secretary.....

N8 could have IM me he didn't have to post it on the page. I have looked on line and I have looked at 15's in the range of $500- $800. But I have yet to see a 12 that high.

You stop answering for people thank you sun.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

to answer your question dc level 5 is an awesome twelve. And I'm interested to see what I high powered twenty one can do. I've only heard an ia death penalty 21 and I think the dd is more than a tad nicer edit : took out the first part because not needed

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Edit- looks like the extended the basket to make some room at the spider, ... See the angles?!?!

Like who?

Dude, I'd just stop. You know who he meant, does he really have to spell it out?

N8 could have IM me he didn't have to post it on the page. I have looked on line and I have looked at 15's in the range of $500- $800. But I have yet to see a 12 that high.

there is a reason why they are that expensive. its because they are awesome woofers. also like Peyton Cole said, some people can only fit one 12 yet they want to run a lot of power, and get loud. DD makes these to get loud, and handle a ton of power. if you don't care for the price then don't buy them. its not worth arguing about

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

pioneer I was just asking how much of a difference for the price don't have a issue with the price if the sound quality is worth the money.

Tecomah N8 is one of the people you answer to I hope he is your boss and not fudging you.

No disrespect N8

Tecomah we all no this is public but purplehaze sed that was N8 answer not me.

Pioneer I do agree it is not worth it so moving on.

I would love to see a Vid of the woofers when you get them. If you say that they are off the hook I will get a set as I was looking to get a new pair. I have JBL MKII and I need to get some thing crazy. I have to much power for the woofers and they have to go. I was thinking of the new Sa x series or Z4 for my American bass vfl 400.1.

First, I don't believe you specifically addressed that to him. Maybe you should have sent him a PM if you didn't want anyone else to answer.

Second, I will do as I damn well please, thank you son. And btw, I aint your son. But I probably am old enough to be your daddy....

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Like who?

What does this say? Direct quote from N8 I didn't say this mr secretary.

Come on we all change woofers every time their is a GR8 one that comes out. For me I don't care if it does not pass 3 years or so to say they have the best product for maximize longevity, sound quality or harmonizing wave generation.

My main thing is can any one with a good ear hear the big difference of this woofer in comparison to any other woofer on the market ?

Don't get it wrong I am not bashing any one or the product I just want to no if it is really worth the price.

Look up the price of ferrite magnets.

You need to design it, taking into account the magnetic flux. Then manufacture it, ship it, test it. After all those costs, then you need a profit margin that will allow you to make money after things like server costs, r&d, customer service and other employees.

If you have money to spend on it, why not? Whether or not its worth the purchase is up to the buyer to decide based on their needs and finances. Plus, being a hobby, you also need to take into account the joy it will bring you. Any hobby, gets expensive when you get into it. Car audio is no different

Archived