03 Chevy Cav 2.2L Eco

Just trying to do some more research before I do purchase another alt. Tried googling to see if anybody anywhere has ever installed a DC Power Alt on a 2.2L Ecotech Cav and didn't return anything. Called up DC Power though and feel pretty confident that their 270 should work but I'm wondering if anybody on this forum has any first-hand experience with this car and a dc power alt?

My only concern is that since it idles at about 500-550 engine RPMs hot, it either won't be spinning fast enough to turn on or it won't be putting out enough amps to run the car (not including any aftermarket stuff, only car computer/accessories). Had this problem with the Singer unit which ran perfectly once I hit 750-800 engine RPMs and turned on but I need something that will be useful on a daily driving basis

Thanks for reading, hoping at least one of you awesome bassheads can chime in!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Guest DC Power Kyle

The alternators turn on way lower than 550 RPM. My car idles at 550-650 on my camry without any issues. I've never EVER had a customer return anything because of no idle output on an XP.

Take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone will chime in. :)

Hey Kyle, I actually just talked to Andrew I believe his name was (said he wasn't on the forum like you). I'm most likely going to end up buying the 270 at some point this week just figured I'd check if anybody's had experience with the same car. I did forget to ask though, is it a direct bolt on unit and same belt size as stock?

Edit: Well damn lol, that makes me feel a lot more confident.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Make sure to get the "XP" mentioned by Kyle. Other series may (or may not) have an issue.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Archived