tony_collett16 Posted October 1, 2013 Report Posted October 1, 2013 HI all, I am awaiting delivery for my 2 X-12's. I am in need for someone to help me with the port length and width to get these sounding good. I listen to a bit of everything but like it loud hence going for these 2 subs. I will be running them off a SAZ2500d so they will be getting 1250 RMS each. My box size is Width 44 inches, Depth 20 inches, Height 16 inches. Ill be building a L port box and want to run around 33hz, but my technical skills for using the correct sub parameters are none existant and I am just looking for some rough ideas for port length and width to get around 33hz. Perhaps someone can run this through torres for me, and any pointers/tips will be very much appreciated.
john253a Posted October 1, 2013 Report Posted October 1, 2013 if you listen to everything how much would you say is rap, rnb, dubstep or other low end music if 50% then 32-33 is a nice tune but if your only talking 20-30% then idd tune it higher like 35-40 myself 4net 60-70sq" port @35-42hz
tony_collett16 Posted October 1, 2013 Author Report Posted October 1, 2013 I listen to a majority or low music, rap etc which is why I want around 33Hz. Would people recommend having a single large (6ish cubes) with an L port with the subs in, or 2 seperate boxs (3 ish cubes each) with an L port in each box?
k3n12ock Posted October 1, 2013 Report Posted October 1, 2013 I'd say 5 cubes 33hz would be perfect. 1 box, shared chamber. Single L port. or 8" aero. My buddy Braxton (he's on here too but forget his username) had 2 x12s in 5cu tuned low being powered off a pair of RF 1500s. Did a 147.x @ 31hz and was SICK! 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
[email protected] Posted October 2, 2013 Report Posted October 2, 2013 that's sick. like my dream set up the last month or so
tony_collett16 Posted October 2, 2013 Author Report Posted October 2, 2013 Thanks for the advice, I will run some numbers through Torres and see what I can come up with. Can someone recommend port lengths/widths that work well with these subs?
Brandonbkd Posted October 2, 2013 Report Posted October 2, 2013 Look at the manufacturer recommendations. Then post what designs you come up with on here FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
SPLadd1ct Posted October 4, 2013 Report Posted October 4, 2013 I'd say 5 cubes 33hz would be perfect. 1 box, shared chamber. Single L port. or 8" aero. My buddy Braxton (he's on here too but forget his username) had 2 x12s in 5cu tuned low being powered off a pair of RF 1500s. Did a 147.x @ 31hz and was SICK! Yep thats me! It was a 5 cube NET enclosure tuned to 28hz on paper and 26hz (in car confirmed by the SMD D'amore IM-SG1). I would shoot for a 5 cubic foot NET enclosure with 75 sq inches on port area tuned to 25-32hz. Download the Torres box calculator to figure out how much port length you are going to need to reach tuning. If you need help with that just let one of us know! 2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6 2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm 15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320) 153 at 23hz
tony_collett16 Posted October 4, 2013 Author Report Posted October 4, 2013 Ok, so I have been running some bits through torres. Box height 16, width 44, depth 18, port height 14.5, width 3", length 16" = 32.11 Hz. Net volume 4.95. I put displacement at .24 (same as SA Zv3's as I could not find X-12 displacement). Sorry I dont have any screen shots but I can do these if people would like. What do you think about these numbers, would you adjust the port width or length?
SPLadd1ct Posted October 4, 2013 Report Posted October 4, 2013 Ok, so I have been running some bits through torres. Box height 16, width 44, depth 18, port height 14.5, width 3", length 16" = 32.11 Hz. Net volume 4.95. I put displacement at .24 (same as SA Zv3's as I could not find X-12 displacement). Sorry I dont have any screen shots but I can do these if people would like. What do you think about these numbers, would you adjust the port width or length? I'd say 5 cubes 33hz would be perfect. 1 box, shared chamber. Single L port. or 8" aero. My buddy Braxton (he's on here too but forget his username) had 2 x12s in 5cu tuned low being powered off a pair of RF 1500s. Did a 147.x @ 31hz and was SICK! Yep thats me! It was a 5 cube NET enclosure tuned to 28hz on paper and 26hz (in car confirmed by the SMD D'amore IM-SG1). I would shoot for a 5 cubic foot NET enclosure with 75 sq inches on port area tuned to 25-32hz. Download the Torres box calculator to figure out how much port length you are going to need to reach tuning. If you need help with that just let one of us know! Your 14.5" x 3" vent only comes out to 43.5 sq inches of port area. These X series drivers require mort vent area compared to a typical 12" driver due to the increased usable xmax. Like I stated you are gonna want about 75 square inches of port area. So you will need to make your port width about 5" wide if you keep your enclosure height the same. The increased port area is gonna throw off your other numbers too since you will be creating more port volume so its gonna take some tweaking to get right. Also you are going to need to put the driver displacement at (0.48) since you have two drivers that displace 0.24 cubic feet of air each. 2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6 2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm 15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320) 153 at 23hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.